FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

TCL P6 tv does not allow FF scan

<<

diogenesthesceptic

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:28 am

TCL P6 tv does not allow FF scan

I have been a happy Serviio user with a Sony Bravia TV
I have been given a 2018 TCL android TV and I have some problems.
MP4 videos say that the format cannot be played
Such files as I can play - AVI... do not scan. They can be played or paused, but that appears to be it
I have set the profile to Roku TV 2014+ as that seemed to be what TCL used prior to android
Thanks for any help and advice you can offer

Peter
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:46 pm

Re: TCL P6 tv does not allow FF scan

diogenesthesceptic wrote:I have been a happy Serviio user with a Sony Bravia TV
I have been given a 2018 TCL android TV and I have some problems.
MP4 videos say that the format cannot be played
Such files as I can play - AVI... do not scan. They can be played or paused, but that appears to be it
I have set the profile to Roku TV 2014+ as that seemed to be what TCL used prior to android
Thanks for any help and advice you can offer

Peter

You cannot resume, FF or rewind a transcoded video. The Roku TV profile will transcode all AVI files, as Roku doesn't support that container. I have no idea what media containers and codecs are supported by TCL. I am assuming that it's not a Roku TV, just a "normal" smart TV. As to the MP4 files, it's probably the audio codec that the TV doesn't support. I'd need to see the media info to determine why the Roku profile isn't catching it.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

diogenesthesceptic

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:41 pm

Thanks Dan, The question now is, what profile should I use to access an Android TV?
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:52 pm

I just search for TCL P6, and all I could find is a Roku TV. So, is your a Roku TV? In that case, the Roku TV profile should be correct. As I said, Roku doesn't support AVI videos, so they require transcoding. And any media that requires transcoding will not be able to FF or rewind (trick play). Remember, a Roku TV is NOT an Android TV. Roku runs on a modified version of Linux. Android is completely different.

Again, for the MP4 files that won't play, I need the media information for a file that won't play. I have two Roku TVs, and both play all of the MP4 videos I have. I have to transcode the audio of some of my files, which again means there's no trick play. The TVs will only play Dolby Digital and AAC audio tracks, so anything with DD+ or DTS requires transcoding. The only time those audio codecs will work is if you use ARC and connect your TV to an AVR to handle the audio. In that case, your TV will passthrough DD+ and DTS audio. However, lossless audio (Dolby TrueHD or DTS MasterAudio) must be transcoded.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

<<

diogenesthesceptic

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:13 am

Hi Dan
I really appreciate your prompt response.

Not Roku - definitely Android 4.4 (Nougat). This is a non-USA product. 50P6US is the model number.
Unfortunately I cannot find a detailed spec and TCL Australia are not really helpful.
https://www.tclelectronics.com.au/produ ... ndroid-tv/

The only other Android TV I am aware of is Sony.
Should I be looking in that area for a profile?

Peter
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:29 pm

OK, have that clear now. Unfortunately I have no experience with Android TV, but you are correct that Sony is one TV that uses it. I can't suggest which profile to try, and I'm uncertain if any of the Sony profiles are current for a 4K set. Just have to try some I suppose. @DenyAll knows quite a bit about Sony, so he might be of assistance as well.
Dan

Return to Serviio Support & Help