FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Log File question

<<

MikeL

Serviio lover

Post Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:56 pm

Log File question

Is there a way to have the log file capture all Mediabrowser login attempts - both successful and not?

Thanks
Mike
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:50 am

Re: Log File question

does the detailed log show anything?
<<

MikeL

Serviio lover

Post Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:15 pm

It shows a little but not exactly what I'm looking for. I tried the following 4 scenarios:

1. Send a connection attempt to <IP-address of server>:23424 but omit the /MediaBrowser.
Result - nothing in detailed log. But received a message on device sending request saying Not Found. The server has not found anything matching the request URL.
Is it the Windows firewall returning this message? The Windows Firewall log is not logging dropping this request so it must have been forwarded to someone.

2. Send a valid connection request.
I get the login screen on the requesting device but nothing appears in the detailed log.

3. Send a connection request and sign in with valid password.
Detailed Log has following entry: 2018-11-08 08:42:08,536 DEBUG [LoginServerResource] Successful login, generating security token

4. Send a connection request but supply an invalid password.
Detailed log shows: 2018-11-08 08:35:28,633 WARN [ServiioStatusService] AuthenticationException occurred. Returning error code 401 to the REST layer. Message: Received authentication doesn't match, probably wrong password.
org.serviio.restlet.AuthenticationException: Received authentication doesn't match, probably wrong password.

This latter message is then followed by a long list of messages of the type:
at org.serviio.upnp.service.contentdirectory.rest.resources.server.LoginServerResource.login(LoginServerResource.java:112)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.restlet.resource.ServerResource.doHandle(ServerResource.java:524)
at org.restlet.resource.ServerResource.post(ServerResource.java:1346)
at org.restlet.resource.ServerResource.doHandle(ServerResource.java:621)

but these do not contain any data meaningful to a user.

What I would like to see for each scenario is:

1. If the Serviio Service that is listening on port 23424 gets any kind of request that is not valid is it possible to log that request with date time and IP address of requestor?

2. When responding to a valid login request (i.e. responding with login page). Log the date time and IP address of requestor.

3. In addition to the message currently logged also log the IP address of the requestor.

4. In addition to the message currently logged also log the IP address of the requestor.

Thanks
Mike
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:14 am

MediaBrowser is singlepage app, so you won't be able to detect the login page loading.

You can se the login requests coming to the server, you already found that. You could try to enable debug / info logging for the access log in restlet (you get a lot of loggin thouygh):

Code:
<category name="LogService"> <!-- Restlet access log -->
      <priority value="OFF"/>
   </category>

change to

Code:
<category name="LogService"> <!-- Restlet access log -->
      <priority value="DEBUG"/>
   </category>
<<

MikeL

Serviio lover