FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Identify the right device on the Status tab

<<

Tarkin

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:51 pm

Identify the right device on the Status tab

With Blue ray player, TV, netbook, iPad, Android Phone and home PC all connected to my home network, how do I know which one is which on the Status tab which lists devices that were found on my network?

I am asking this because I want to set each device the right profile and I am not sure how to identify the right device.

Also, how do I get rid of the Windows Media Players servers (from my home PC) which keep on cropping up (to my annoyance :? ) on the Serviio console?

<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:05 pm

Re: Identify the right device on the Status tab

With Blue ray player, TV, netbook, iPad, Android Phone and home PC all connected to my home network, how do I know which one is which on the Status tab which lists devices that were found on my network?

You should check on your router on on the Device itself for the IP address. Ideally you should set up static IP for all your connected devices on the router so that they don't change over time.

Also, how do I get rid of the Windows Media Players servers (from my home PC) which keep on cropping up (to my annoyance :? ) on the Serviio console?

You cannot, it's a valid DLNA renderer device and therefore will be added to the list every time it's available on the network.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:10 pm

zip wrote:

You cannot, it's a valid DLNA renderer device and therefore will be added to the list every time it's available on the network.

you can if you completely disable the DLNA functions from windows services :)
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:02 pm

ah cool, I guess I should do it on my box too :-)
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:16 pm

zip wrote:ah cool, I guess I should do it on my box too :-)

seemed to speed my network up too
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

Tarkin

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:32 pm

zip,

'You should check on your router on on the Device itself for the IP address. Ideally you should set up static IP for all your connected devices on the router so that they don't change over time.'

>>I would love to set up static IP for all my connected devices...Can you tell me how or point out a guide on the web?

Thanks!
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:04 pm

Tarkin wrote:zip,

'You should check on your router on on the Device itself for the IP address. Ideally you should set up static IP for all your connected devices on the router so that they don't change over time.'

>>I would love to set up static IP for all my connected devices...Can you tell me how or point out a guide on the web?

Thanks!

not without knowing the make and model of your router ;)
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

Tarkin

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:15 pm

Cerberus wrote:

Thanks!

Netgear WPN824
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:30 pm

Tarkin wrote:
Cerberus wrote:

Thanks!

Netgear WPN824

EDIT: opps wrong link here one i ment to post http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source ... Pas8kIkHAg
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

Tarkin

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:03 pm

Cerberus wrote:
zip wrote:

you can if you completely disable the DLNA functions from windows services :)

It works! Good riddance! Thanks mate.
<<

Tarkin

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:11 pm

EDIT: opps wrong link here one i ment to post http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source ... Pas8kIkHAg

Thanks...Hmmm...I am not sure this is telling me how to set up static IP for all my connected devices or am I missing something? Is getting inside the router and making the changes easy to do?
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:51 am

Tarkin wrote:EDIT: opps wrong link here one i ment to post http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source ... Pas8kIkHAg

Thanks...Hmmm...I am not sure this is telling me how to set up static IP for all my connected devices or am I missing something? Is getting inside the router and making the changes easy to do?

that is the manual for you router. just read it :) and you cant setup static ips without going into the router :)
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Return to Samsung