FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Movies not showing up in folders

<<

rthurman

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:16 pm

Movies not showing up in folders

I've recently starting playing with Serviio on my Samsung D6000 series TV. It's work fairly smoothly so far, and I've got my iTunes folder (filled with roughly 10 GBs of data) and I dropped a season of Friends from my external hardrive on my desktop and successfully added it and all its 24 episodes.
I recently purchased Big Love off iTunes and was going to add it to my TV, but so far all I can do is get the folder to show up and no files are being added.
The difference between the files is that I ripped the Friends season and bought Big Love.
And as I type this a new problem has begun to arise. I can't delete folders or add new ones without restarting Serviio server.
From glancing at a few posts I assume a detailed log will be needed, but, being the lazy American I am, was hoping I might get an answer without having to do the minor bit of extra posting.
Thanks in advance
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:20 pm

Re: Movies not showing up in folders

I assume the files are copy protected and therefore only playable in iTunes. Can you post ffmpeg -i of the files?
<<

rthurman

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:58 pm

You assume correctly Mr. Zip. I was worried iTunes TV shows/movies wouldn't work. Oh well, I guess I'll be lame and actually plug in the old laptop. Thanks for the ridiculously fast response.
<<

Torence

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:24 am

To be honest, I have no experience about how to fix this issue. I just know how to play iTunes movies on non-Apple devices with using DRM removal software like DRM converter for Mac. As we know iTunes movies and TV shows are encrypted with DRM protection, it can be played on Apple devices only. If you want to watch these videos on any devices, we have to remove DRM protection and convert it to mp4 format. It works at 30x faster speed with quality lossless. Now there is a thanksgiving sales of it, you can get it with lowest price of 9.9. Check more info on here.

Learn more:
Media Converter for Windows

Return to Samsung