FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Disable local computer as a renderer

<<

arie01

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:38 pm

Disable local computer as a renderer

Hello,

On the Status tab of my serviio 0.6.1, under Renderer, I see IP address of my TV and that of the computer itself. When that happens, it takes serviio for forever to appear on the list of DLNA servers on my TV and sometimes it doesn’t appear at all. I would like to disable that so only my TV appears as a Renderer on the serviio console. How can I do that?

I’m running serviio on a Windows 7 laptop and my TV is Panasonic TCP50S30.

By the way, is there a good profile for my TV? Almost all transcoded movies are stretched to full screen and I’d like to watch them in their intended format if possible.

Thank you for all your help,
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:39 pm

Re: Disable local computer as a renderer

not possible you can disable the WMP server side but not the client side. well you could always uninstall WMP and use VLC but i doubt ud want to do that.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

arie01

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:55 pm

And if I uninstall WMP, will whatever appears as a renderer stop appearing there?
I don't mind uninstalling it. I'll give it a try and see...
Last edited by arie01 on Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:58 pm

arie01 wrote:And if I uninstall WMP, will whatever appears as a renderer stop appearing there?
I don't might uninstalling it. I'll give it a try and see...

yes it will
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

arie01

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:03 pm

Ok, so I stoped the WMP service and uninstalled Windows features - all media features. We'll see in an hour or so, if the local computer appears in the renderers list on serviio and how long it takes for serviio to appear on the list of servers on my TV.

By the way, what about a good working profile for my TV so videos dont stretch to full screen?

Thank you,
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:18 pm

You can disble the local computer as a renderer and a server, I have on my windows 7 machine. Start a thread in the panasonic group and someone will help you with your profile questions.
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx

Return to Panasonic