FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Linux: how to start the serviio console in the background?

<<

sampath.mamilapo

Serviio lover

Post Thu May 17, 2012 8:33 pm

Linux: how to start the serviio console in the background?

Hi,

I am running Ubuntu 12.04 and added the serviio console and server to the autostart. Everything works fine. The serviio console doesn't load in the background when I log in to my account (as it does on Windows). So I have to close/minimize it every time by hand.

I know it's no big problem...still it is annoying. Did I do something wrong with the autostart or how does the console open in the background?

Thanks,
sampy
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Fri May 18, 2012 7:12 am

Re: Linux: how to start the serviio console in the backgroun

Not sure what the option would be, you could try http://www.webupd8.org/2011/02/how-to-s ... mized.html or search for something similar. Otherwise, you only need to console to make changes to the configuration, so why not remove it from autostart and open when needed?
Will

ServiiDroid (Android Console) Developer: Download | Home | Support
ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/WiFi Playback App) Developer: Download | Home | Support
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Fri May 18, 2012 9:21 am

For Linux/Mac it opens the console window, just to let the user know it's started, as it's less visible in the system tray area. Also some Linux distros don't support SystemTray. I'll reconsider this for 1.0.
<<

sampath.mamilapo

Serviio lover

Post Sat May 19, 2012 8:54 pm

zip wrote:For Linux/Mac it opens the console window, just to let the user know it's started, as it's less visible in the system tray area. Also some Linux distros don't support SystemTray. I'll reconsider this for 1.0.

Would be nice. You should consider open-sourcing at least the console. It could need some work. I started using Serviidroid on my phone since it is much more powerful then the console - although I have it on a small screen device.

Thanks...sampy
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Sat May 19, 2012 10:29 pm

There is a couple of Web ui's. Look under Third party apps

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

iMcRabbi

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:42 pm

zip wrote:For Linux/Mac it opens the console window, just to let the user know it's started, as it's less visible in the system tray area. Also some Linux distros don't support SystemTray. I'll reconsider this for 1.0.

Are you saying here that you will be including a command line switch that will open the console directly to the system tray, rather than opening the full window? Or is this option already available? I would love to not have to click close every time I log in to my computer. I love Serviio by the way. I would never consider using anything else. Thanks for everything!
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:43 pm

I thought I'd always open it only to the system tray, but found out it's not that easy in Ubuntu with Unity (one has to enable the sys tray in Unity's settings or something like that). So might make it a command line switch.

Return to Serviio Support & Help