FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ServiioTube (chrome extension)

<<

rolfwessels

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:57 am

ServiioTube (chrome extension)

Hi Everyone,

I see a lot of people struggling to link youtube videos to their serviio. I have created a chrome extension that should make the task trivial.

Requirements

Simple how to:

Open the extension options and add your serviio host name and port number.

For videos just click on the add to play list button. If you don't have one already create a play list and add the video to the playlist. Then go to your manage playlist page and there should be an option to add the playlist to serviio. (remember to click refresh if you have made changes to the list)

You can also add playlists, search results and user feeds. Check out http://lazycowprojects.tumblr.com/serviiotube for more info and some screen shots.
<<

ttguy

Serviio lover

Post Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:35 am

Re: ServiioTube (chrome extension)

Is a chrome extension a bit like the firefox greasemonkey thing (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... asemonkey/)? Greasemonkey adds bits of java script to web pages as they arrive into the firefox browser. So you can get it to do things like you are talking about with your ServiioTube chrome extension.

If this is a similar concept I wonder how hard it would be to port a chrome extension to a greasemonkey script :-)

Then firefox users could do the same thing.
--
linux/Humax HDR-3000T
<<

ttguy

Serviio lover

Post Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:39 am

After reading this it seems to me that it would have been good if you had written the ServiioTube in greasemonkey script and then Chrome and Firefox could both use it. Because apparently greasemonkey scripts now work in chrome.
--
linux/Humax HDR-3000T
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:26 pm

Wow! This is cool and it works!!

Please can you make some changes Source Name, something simple like
YouTube Search - xxxxxxxxxxxx
YouTube Channel - xxxxxxxxxxx
YouTube Playlist - xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sony Bravia 2010 52NX803 - Sony PS3 - Xbox 360
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:01 pm

Thanks for the update, thought you name sounded familiar, i also use your other amazing Chrome extension "SABconnect++" :D

Any chance for this extension be more scope than YouTube and also have it for HULU, iPlayer ect
Also is there a changelog update anywhere so users can keep track of whats changed/added, possibly in http://code.google.com/p/serviiotube/
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

rolfwessels

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:26 pm

@ttguy I just wanted to play with Chrome extension. Was not really thinking about cross compatibility.

@Xmantium Bug fixed, the source names will display the youtube page title. Currently there is no change log but I will definitely add one for future updates.

On topic of adding Hulu and IPlayer, I am currently based in South Africa so testing these are a bit difficult but it can certainly be done. As soon as I reach more than 100 extension user then I will look at adding more sources.
<<

Scoty

Serviio lover

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:15 pm

Where can i see my serviio host name and port number?
<<

rolfwessels

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:31 pm

Scoty wrote:Where can i see my serviio host name and port number?

If it is on the same machine as you are browsing on the default settings should work (localhost:23424)

If not on the same machine (assuming it is a windows machine) use the command prompt command "hostname"
http://www.guidingtech.com/2051/find-co ... t-windows/

The default port is 23424

You can also use command prompt and ipconfig to get the machines IP but try the hostname command first.
<<

Scoty

Serviio lover

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:48 pm

Ok thank you, working now. I have add a Playlist and i can see this on my TV. But how can i delete a feed? I have make a test with a YouTube Channel and have click the Serviio Icon from url bar but i can not see this in my playlist or serviio. I see only this on my tv.
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:52 pm

You need to restart the console before it updates with changes made via the API. Right click on the tray icon and select 'Exit Serviio Console', then start it again.
Will

ServiiDroid (Android Console) Developer: Download | Home | Support
ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/WiFi Playback App) Developer: Download | Home | Support
<<

rolfwessels

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:55 pm

Scoty wrote:Ok thank you, working now. I have add a Playlist and i can see this on my TV. But how can i delete a feed? I have make a test with a YouTube Channel and have click the Serviio Icon from url bar but i can not see this in my playlist or serviio. I see only this on my tv.

You can delete it using your serviio console tool or go back to the play list and click the serviio page action again. This will inform you that you have already added this list and will ask if you would like to remove it.
<<

rolfwessels

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:01 pm

will wrote:You need to restart the console before it updates with changes made via the API. Right click on the tray icon and select 'Exit Serviio Console', then start it again.

There is a little workaround for this. On the online sources page, click on the edit button then just click the add (not sure why it does not say edit) button and now at the bottom click on the reset button. This will reload the list so no restart required.
<<

Scoty

Serviio lover

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:43 pm

Thank you, working. Great plugin.
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:58 pm

Windows/Mac console doesn't refresh the online sources list if new content is added, only loads it when it starts. Zip is looking to change this. The edit trick works!

Try the Web UI console, works great with Chrome browser. The online sources list is refreshed each time you access it. If you got an Android phone/tablet, you can also use ServiioDroid.
<<

tuareg64ve

Serviio lover

Post Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:49 am

Hello,

after adding a Youtube playlist with the Chrome Extension, I am geting the following error in the log:

Code:
2012-09-02 23:37:08,102 WARN [FeedUpdaterThread] An error occured while scanning for online item information, will continue
java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for URL: http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/play ... AB4170FAAA
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown Source)
at org.serviio.util.HttpClient.retrieveBinaryFileFromURL(HttpClient.java:72)
at org.serviio.library.online.feed.FeedParser.parseFeedStream(FeedParser.java:115)
at org.serviio.library.online.feed.FeedParser.parse(FeedParser.java:90)
at org.serviio.library.online.OnlineLibraryManager.findResource(OnlineLibraryManager.java:169)
at org.serviio.library.online.OnlineLibraryManager.findResourceInCacheOrParse(OnlineLibraryManager.java:186)
at org.serviio.library.online.metadata.FeedUpdaterThread.getOnlineItems(FeedUpdaterThread.java:159)
at org.serviio.library.online.metadata.FeedUpdaterThread.run(FeedUpdaterThread.java:96)
2012-09-02 23:37:08,433 WARN [PluginCompilerThread] Plugin NHLGameCenterPlugin.groovy failed to compile: startup failed:

This playlist is PUBLIC but if I put in the browser:

http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/play ... AB4170FAAA

I get the following error:

"User authentication required."

What is wrong?
<<

rolfwessels

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:49 am

If it is asking for user authentication required then it seems that it is not public. Is it your own play list? Could you send me the full link (not the rss link) so that I can have a look at the playlist?
<<

tuareg64ve

Serviio lover

Post Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:37 am

Hello!
It's my own playlist and it is public. I have just double checked.
I am not sure about the URL you want...I think it could be this:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... e=view_all

If logout from Youtube account and go to the URL above I manage to display the playlist as anonymous user.
<<

rolfwessels

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:10 am

I just used my serviiotube to add the playlist from the url that you sent and it worked. Url should be http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/play ... A967B1A9D3.

If you go to your serviio console could you please select the online resource and click edit and check that the two urls match.
Have you installed the youtube plugin?
<<

tuareg64ve

Serviio lover

Post Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:29 pm

The fault is probabily of the configuration.
I have to upgrade this hardware and install a fresh Ubuntu 10.04.
I now have:

012-09-05 14:24:29,509 ERROR [ResourceTransportRequestHandler] Error while processing resource, sending back 500 error. Message: Transcoded file '/tmp/Serviio/transcoding-temp-1000000000030009-1-ORIGINAL.stf' cannot be found, FFmpeg execution probably failed
java.io.IOException: Transcoded file '/tmp/Serviio/transcoding-temp-1000000000030009-1-ORIGINAL.stf' cannot be found, FFmpeg execution probably failed

and probabily FFMpeg in miscinfigured.
Do you know how to see in the log files the command line that is sent to FFMpeg?
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:51 pm

Hi Rolf, im still getting "&start-index=1&max-results=20&v=2" at the end of the URL when i add YouTube search
This limits my feeds to 20 when i have set it to 30 in Serviio

This work fine for search urls
  Code:
http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/videos?q=Serviio
or
  Code:
http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/videos?q=Serviio
Next

Return to Third-party tools integration