FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Compatible devices list

What is the DLNA device you use Serviio with?

Samsung TV
29%
Sony TV
12%
Panasonic TV
8%
Other TV
5%
WDTV Live
6%
LG BD-xxx
3%
XBox 360
6%
Playstation 3
10%
Other (specify in the forum please)
20%

Total votes : 807
<<

wojeda

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:53 pm

Re: Compatible devices list

Hello,
I have had Serviio for only a couple of days and so far I am very impressed with what I see. It is my goal to have it replace my aging Plex server.
I have Serviio running on a mac mini with 18TB (yup, that'ts not a typo eighteen teras of firewire 800 drive arrays ).
So far I can report success with the following devices.

• Denon AVR-3313CI (Audio Only)
  • LG 42LV5500 TV
Things I am looking forward to:

1. Denon AVR to recognize and play movies as well.
    2. The LG TV did not allow me to select alternate languages for the movies being played. The audio language section was greyed out. But the library was still rebuilding at the time, so I don't know if that made a difference.
    3. A better front end to the library. The "one thing", I loved about Plex was the client ability to add beautifully designed skins. Maybe Serviio can do that too. I just haven't seen any.
Keep up the good work guys. Thanks.
Serviio mac mini
Denon AVR-3313CI
Panasonic PT-AE8000U Projector / 135" 2.35:1
<<

probedb

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:35 am

wojeda wrote:Hello,
    1. Denon AVR to recognize and play movies as well.

Keep up the good work guys. Thanks.

You do realise the Denon and basically every AVR only do audio streaming?

If you can find anywhere on this page that says it can stream videos please let me know

http://www.denon.co.uk/uk/Product/Pages ... Id=AVR3313
<<

chrismallia

Serviio lover

Post Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:59 pm

zip wrote:Hey guys,

it'd be cool if we could compile a list of devices that can connect to Serviio and work properly with it. Just reply to this topic with your observations.

Serviio workes great with my philips bdp,sony bravia 2011,xbmc,my ps3 and I also added a profile for my netgem netbox, all work fantastic. To add serviio was the only server that worked perfect I tried them all believe me, mezzmo,ps3 media server,universal media server,tversity,tvmobili, isedora and plex. :) do not waist your time trying all these out just use serviio.
server running serviio PRO and media browser Intel dual core g2030 3.0Ghz 8gb dd3 ram Microsoft windows server 2012 gigabit network . Devices Sony KDL55W805A, ps3, 2 sony bravia 2011, 5 android devices 2 of them samsung galaxy s3 running bubble upnp and serviigo, netgem netbox , 2 laptops XBMC windows 8
<<

tonycrew

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:36 pm

Samsung PS51E490B1KXXU

Works fine apart from Streaming Video Legnth incorrect, No FF/RW and Disconect about 3 seconds from the end of program
<<

kerio

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:06 pm

UE55ES8005UXXE

Works f******* great so thx for that :D
Serviio PRO running windows home server 2000
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2,40GHz/1,0GB of RAM
Wireless connection router = Asus RT-AC66U customed with 3.0.0.4.354.27 (Merlin build)
Also using ServiiGo with wifi or 3g no complaints :D
<<

goodmanbeats

Serviio newbie

Post Tue May 14, 2013 11:27 pm

Hello,

I recently bought a Samsung 5 series Smart TV (UE42F5300) and googled a while for a decent DLNA server until I found serviio. Everything works out of the box, great job.
My homeserver is a HP Microserver N36L with Debian Linux, fortunately all the videos I have can be played backed on the TV without transcoding - and all the subtitles appear to be working without problems.

I faced a little bug when I changed the folder view in the TV DLNA options (I cannot explain, I was poking in the menu, trying to get familiar with the options) which prevented to use the Source -> AllShare (server) -> Videos section, where the TV started to drop a strange error message. But the workaround is to use AllShare (server) -> All content.

I can post about it in the next days, if zip wants to mess with it, it's just more strange than annoying. I haven't found that what this "view feature" is exacly for, but will take a look into the manual again.

best,

Daniel
<<

grunion714

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:24 am

so far all the Samsung's have worked for us any thing newer than 2012 seems to work from them.
the new sharp dose not work very well we put a 60 in and it will find the serviio but it dose not play well with it.
try to forward and it locks up and gives you the black screen of death. it also will not play the first time takes several attempts.
<<

Thunderbunny

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:04 pm

Serviio Version: PRO v 1.0.1

Yes, I know that the version is out of date. I downgraded after discovering that the New and Improved version removed my ability to Add Renderer. This was, I think, a mistake. It is one thing to add features but it is Hubris to think that your new version will find all devices. It does not find iOS devices worth a damn. I hope a future release restores this functionality on a Permanent basis.

[...and if you have not already guessed...]

Devices:

Apple iPad v. 3 (the limited release between v. 2 and the so-called Retina Display version. My iPad has Retina Display and the only difference is the plug is the old style plug).

- I had to add my device which was extremely simple.
- Client is AirPlayer
- It plays all my media served from 6 3 TB drives on my Laptop; AVI, MP4, MKV, MPeG (2), and all image libraries.
- Some of my media is not meant for children. I have to set my Parent Approved media paths to Limited and the devices (LG BDxxx, X-Box, PS3) to Limited which is sort of a pill. I would prefer not to have to constantly moniter when any devices connect but it works so I deal with it.

Apple iPhone 5
- same as above.

After reading a few other posts on Apple devices I feel it necessary to point out that I have NEVER had these devices set to Transcode. I use AirPlayer and set the codec plugin to FFmpeg and EVERYTHING plays (frankly, it all plays on Default but I switched to FFmpeg as a precaution).
Sometimes we must Change what we cannot Accept.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:09 pm

Thunderbunny wrote:Yes, I know that the version is out of date. I downgraded after discovering that the New and Improved version removed my ability to Add Renderer. This was, I think, a mistake. It is one thing to add features but it is Hubris to think that your new version will find all devices. It does not find iOS devices worth a damn. I hope a future release restores this functionality on a Permanent basis.

So I tried this on my iPad 4 with AirPlayer.

First I got the same, but then realized the device was already in the console and disabled. I enabled it and it appeared in the player. I then tried to remove the device from the console and hit refresh - didn't show again. For it to appear again, I had to hit the refresh button in AirPlayer. It then made a new request to get the server description and it appeared in the device list in the console. HTH
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:24 am

Samsung BD-5300 works great with serviio. Love the tools menu that allows you to move to a certain time in most videos.
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

lesmikesell

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:04 pm

WoW! cable's media player that is part of their Ultra-TV whole-home dvr package. Had to scrape the device profile from the forum and change the ID number to something that didn't match an existing one, but it seems to be working well now. The positioning controls are kind of clunky (no FF, just jump a few seconds or about 10 minutes), but the convenience of being an already-on device with the same remote as needed for tv viewing means I probably won't use the alternative devices any more (Sony blu-ray. PS3, Visio google tv, each with their own quirks).

These things are the same as what Arris sold as extenders for their 'Moxi' dvr except that they have the networking built in with MoCA over coax (theoretically 200+Mbs) and don't need anything extra to access media servers on the LAN connected to the gateway/dvr box. The Wow version can use up to 5 of the media players.
<<

john-66

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:32 pm

Hi,

First time posting... I have been using Serviio 1.2.1 for about a month now (free version, as I do not really need the extra resources). I am running it using the supplied generic LG TV/Blu-Ray profile Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, and using Devolo HomePlugs dLan 200 AVplus to connect the router to the equipment in the lounge (TV, Blu-Ray and Sky box), on my LG 42LM3450 3D LED tv, and it is superb. It handles full HD video files, 3D files (both SBS and OU/TAB), and I've never had any stuttering or freezing. The only problem is that the tv cannot handle DTS soundtracks, so I use Popcorn MKV AudioConverter to demux, transcode, and then remux the files before transferring them to my media drive.

I find Serviio simple to use (at least the parts that I need!), and it does exactly what I need. Thank you for making it freely available.
<<

DanglingPointer

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:51 pm

Using Serviio with the following devices in order of frequency...
    1) WDTVLive x2 - Plays virtually everything (videos and music) except image files larger than 4096x4096
    2) Toshiba REGZA 55WL800A - fails about 35% of the time
    3) PS3 - fails about 30% of the time
    4) XBOX 360 - fails about 35% of the time
    5) Panasonic Bluray Player DMP-BDT110 - fails about 50% of the time

I'm most likely to just get WDTVLive boxes for all rooms in the house. It just works with everything! Amazing for such a tiny thing.
<<

zrich

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:13 pm

Problem connecting with Vizio M series with Uverse as the carrier
<<

verdejt

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:44 am

I use a Vizio E601i-A3 Smart TV
Sony SMP-N100 Media player.
Sony Playstation 3
Acer A200 Android Tablet

All my videos are encoded to AVI, Divx, or Xvid.
<<

Funkybassman

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:56 pm

Currnetly being used to play media from my PC to my Pioneer BCS-222 home cinema...... works great although Im starting to look at using online stuff with it but so far only managed to get a sopcast stream to play...... It probably can play more but not had a lot of time plus I really need an idiots guide as streaming is hitherto unkown to me !
<<

underw3b

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:05 am

WDTV Live Hub + Toshiba TV L7 series 50L7335
<<

movieaddict

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:38 pm

Compatible devices list

Xbox360
Xbox one
PS3
WDlive
LG BD390
Sony BDP-S3100
VIZIO Smart TV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
<<

chrismallia

Serviio lover

Post Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:12 pm

Sony Bravia KDL55W805A is the latest device that I just purchased which is also streaming via serviio 1.4 pro and it works great same as all my other devices
server running serviio PRO and media browser Intel dual core g2030 3.0Ghz 8gb dd3 ram Microsoft windows server 2012 gigabit network . Devices Sony KDL55W805A, ps3, 2 sony bravia 2011, 5 android devices 2 of them samsung galaxy s3 running bubble upnp and serviigo, netgem netbox , 2 laptops XBMC windows 8
<<

Joan Murt

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:34 am

Philips 40pfl7605 TV here...

It works like charm, the only problems come with sound (when multiple audio tracks) and subtitles (if they are not burned into the film they are never shown).

Serviio 1.4 now and Windows 7 in the "server" pc.

Keep up the good work!
PreviousNext

Return to User experiences