FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Video Playback Player on HTC One S

<<

tvjunkie

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:46 am

Video Playback Player on HTC One S

Hello,

I am running Servii Go on an HTC One S for the first time. I am having issues with video playback. When I initially launched the software, there was a message that indicated there may be an issue playing back video with native player and it recommended a few. However, after running the software and restarting it, that notice does not come up any more and i cannot see the list of recommended players.

At any rate, I downloaded BSPlayer, because i remember it as a recommended player. The only issue is that it appears the HTC One S is still launching the native player when I try to launch a video from the server. I have gone through and cleared the native video as a playback, but it appears that the handset keeps defaulting it back to that. That said, it would have made since for the developers of BSPlayer to add a functionality to allow the end user to set the player as a default video player.

So, I am still stuck and my video files (any format, ie.. avi, mkv, etc.) will not play back on the HTC One S. Please let me know what my options are. Thanks in advance.
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:27 am

Re: Video Playback Player on HTC One S

Nearly missed your post, in future can you put it in the main ServiiGo thread as I have email alerts set for it.

Can you try MX Player, that works best for me (I have the same phone).
Will

ServiiDroid (Android Console) Developer: Download | Home | Support
ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/WiFi Playback App) Developer: Download | Home | Support
<<

tvjunkie

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:23 pm

will wrote:Nearly missed your post, in future can you put it in the main ServiiGo thread as I have email alerts set for it.

Can you try MX Player, that works best for me (I have the same phone).

Thanks m8, will give it a go. Ok, I did manage to make MX Player my default video player. However, I am still getting the video cannot be played error. Any ideas on what else i can try?
Last edited by tvjunkie on Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:27 pm

tvjunkie wrote:Thanks m8, will give it a go. However, I'm still curious to how to make these 3rd party apps as a default app. I'm just not sure how to prevent the stock player from trying to pull the file.

Every time the list of available apps for a certain function changes, the system should clear the default, so once you install MX Player you should get a popup asking which one to use. If it still doesn't work I'll work out which app it is on my phone and tell you how to clear it from being the default.
Will

<<

tvjunkie

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:31 pm

I edited my post as you were creating this. But I am still having an issue playing the video. I am assuming that ServiiGo is trying to pull MX Player to play the video now, but there is no way to confirm it.

UPDATE: I seemed to have missed one important spot for changing the default video and that was the WEB Video View. I was only changing the default in one spot. Now that I have done that, the video is playing just fine. Thanks again.
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:49 pm

Glad it's working now.

Effectively what happens is ServiiGo says, I have a video link, what apps are installed that support it, then the OS shows a dialog that lets the user pick one.
Will

Return to Third-party tools integration