FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Files not showing up on Sony TV

<<

jshake1

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:44 am

Files not showing up on Sony TV

I have a Sony KDL55EX710 TV and a Samsung 60" LED and I'm trying to set up Serviio on both. Last night I got the Samsung to display my movie files for the first time but the Sony still won't do it. What is the difference between the two TVs that is preventing the Sony from displaying the movie files?
<<

Illico

DLNA master

Post Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:24 am

Re: Files not showing up on Sony TV

Do you select the proper Sony XMB menu section (VIDEO) to browse movies? (AUDIO) section for music and (PHOTO) for images.
Illico
Sony 2010 KDL-46EX501 | BDP-S373 | SMP-N100 | Windows 8-i7 | Network DD HD-CE1.5TLU2 | Livebox2-UHD86 | ServiiDroid | ServiiGo | BubbleUPnP
Serviio beta tester - Moderator
<<

jshake1

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:39 pm

I'm pretty sure I did go to the proper menu selection. I have audio and photo files set up too and those don't show up either. I will try it again tonight just to make sure. Does it make sense that the files show up on one tv but not the other? Are there different config files? I forgot to mention I'm using version .5 which I just installed recently.
<<

Illico

DLNA master

Post Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:14 pm

jshake1 wrote:I have a Sony KDL55EX710 TV and a Samsung 60" LED ... What is the difference between the two TVs that is preventing the Sony from displaying the movie files?

Could you verify on Serviio console status tab that, you could find your two TV renderers and proper profiles were selected?
Illico
Sony 2010 KDL-46EX501 | BDP-S373 | SMP-N100 | Windows 8-i7 | Network DD HD-CE1.5TLU2 | Livebox2-UHD86 | ServiiDroid | ServiiGo | BubbleUPnP
<<

jshake1

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:04 am

Both TVs are listed; the Samsung uses profile C and the Sony uses the Bravia profile. The Samsung lists each movie twice for some reason but the Sony doesn't show any movies.
<<

jshake1

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:40 pm

It looks like my problem was a slow update to the files being shared. Both TVs now list the movies. One problem is the movies are listed twice. Does anyone have any idea how long it takes to finish updating? For example, I have about 1100 movies on a network drive. I added them to Serviio then I decided to remove the share and only share about a dozen movies to make updates a lot faster while I'm experimenting but now the files I was sharing originally won't disappear from the movie listings on the TVs. Things seem to be extremely slow.
Does anyone have any ideas how to track down why movies show up twice in the listing?
Is there a fast way to clean up the list of files being shared? Do I need to do anything on the TV or in Serviio?
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:23 am

jshake1 wrote:It looks like my problem was a slow update to the files being shared. Both TVs now list the movies. One problem is the movies are listed twice. Does anyone have any idea how long it takes to finish updating? For example, I have about 1100 movies on a network drive. I added them to Serviio then I decided to remove the share and only share about a dozen movies to make updates a lot faster while I'm experimenting but now the files I was sharing originally won't disappear from the movie listings on the TVs. Things seem to be extremely slow.
Does anyone have any ideas how to track down why movies show up twice in the listing?
Is there a fast way to clean up the list of files being shared? Do I need to do anything on the TV or in Serviio?

uninstall and reinstall serviio and start from scratch, sounds like you have got the DB abit confussed.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

jshake1

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:33 pm

I uninstalled and reinstalled Serviio and now I can't see my media on any TV or other computer. I've shared and unshared numerous times with nothing. What is the best way to track down the problem?
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:04 pm

jshake1 wrote:I uninstalled and reinstalled Serviio and now I can't see my media on any TV or other computer. I've shared and unshared numerous times with nothing. What is the best way to track down the problem?

as i suspected its the setup of the pc you were running serviio that is causing the issues and not serviio itself.

1) what antivirus software or firewall software are u running ?
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

jshake1

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:11 pm

I'm just running Norton Antivirus Corporate for Windows 7. I'm also running Malware bytes. The machine is windows 7.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:34 pm

jshake1 wrote:I'm just running Norton Antivirus Corporate for Windows 7. I'm also running Malware bytes. The machine is windows 7.

Disable any firewalls active with these packages and see if it works then if it does then you will need to add serviio to the accepted programs list in the package to allow serviio to see your TV..
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

jshake1

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:02 am

I turned off Norton but I still can't see the files. Is there anything else I can check to figure out why it's not working?
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:14 am

Do you have Windows Firewall on? Ty turning that off too.
<<

jshake1

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:35 pm

I'm using the Norton firewall which is turned off. Windows firewall is already disabled. What else can I check?
<<

jshake1

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:37 pm

By the way, the movie files I'm trying to share are on a network drive if it makes a difference.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:43 pm

jshake1 wrote:By the way, the movie files I'm trying to share are on a network drive if it makes a difference.

1) Does serviio have access rights to access that location ???

2) Try a local location and see if files can be shared from there..

3) Remember to provide all information as with out all teh fact it take 10x long to work exactly what is causing an issue..
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

Illico

DLNA master

Post Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:26 pm

jshake1 wrote:By the way, the movie files I'm trying to share are on a network drive if it makes a difference.

Of Course !! do you read that: http://www.serviio.org/component/content/article/21#q5
Illico
<<

jshake1

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:02 pm

Ok, now my movies and music are showing up on both tvs. Most movies and music files play fine on the Sony TV but not on the Samsung. Even MP3s won't play on the TV. I'm using the C series profile for the Samsung TV. My Serviio console reports that it's still updating the library; is this why they won't play or is it unrelated? Is there any way to find out why the movies won't play on the Samsung TV?
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:11 am

Are they showing on the Samsung, just not playing? What music files they are (only mp3 is supported on this TV)
<<

jshake1

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:08 am

Yes, both movie and music files show up on the Samsung but neither will play. The movies are either .mkv or .avi and the music is .mp3
Next

Return to Sony