FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

XBMC .nfo support ?

<<

Redstars

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:01 pm

XBMC .nfo support ?

The open source XBMC app has a media library function where it scans media from SMB or USB sources and downloads coverart/metadata etc but it cannot do this with a UPnP source like Serviio.

Would it be possible for Serviio to support this system or somehow feed .nfo files to XBMC which contain all the data it's looking for instead of letting XBMC scan the file name through UPnP. There are third party programs like Ember which can scan media then auto download nfo & tbn (covertart/fanart) which XBMC reads instead of scanning media file names.

I'm not sure if it's technically possible at all, most do say it cant be done through UPnP. A lot of ATV2/XBMC users would be happy though as SMB/Samba has all sorts of buffering issues with media.

Thanks.
<<

Illico

DLNA master

Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:03 pm

Re: XBMC .nfo support ?

Please use search before posting...

http://www.serviio.org/index.php?option ... icle&id=34
Release Notes - 0.5
- added support for XBMC video metadata; ticket #165
Illico
Sony 2010 KDL-46EX501 | BDP-S373 | SMP-N100 | Windows 8-i7 | Network DD HD-CE1.5TLU2 | Livebox2-UHD86 | ServiiDroid | ServiiGo | BubbleUPnP
Serviio beta tester - Moderator
<<

Redstars

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:32 pm

Well thats good news but I tested Serviio 0.5 with XBMC before posting this thread and nothing happened, the scraper would just scan and stall on it (it also locked up XBMC when I tried to exit).

Is there a specific process on how XBMC's movie scraper can read Serviio.
Last edited by Redstars on Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:37 pm

You have to generate .nfo files and then select XBMC metadata extractor in the Serviio console. It'll use data from the .nfo files instead going online. Serviio will then update your files' metadata by persing the .nfo files (if you have "Update metadata of currently shared files" enabled).
<<

Redstars

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:40 pm

Thanks for the info on how to do it.

I did a double check and did have some nfo files in the folder but without the extract enabled in the Serviio console that would explain why it didn't work.
<<

Redstars

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:11 pm

Back again, still having a bit of trouble. I enabled the XBMC metadata extractor in Serviio, closed the program then restarted it and did the rescan metadata. In XBMC after adding Serviio I can see some metadata (IMDB/date) through the Movies category that Serviio provides. However if I tell XBMC to scan that folder to it's library it scans then nothing happens, no movies appear in the library, I can manually add the movie but there is no way of downloading/updating the movie info so no coverart.

Am I going wrong somewhere, is it my movie/nfo config as I have everything in one folder with Ghostbusters.mp4 along with Ghostbusters.nfo and so forth. Should everything be in separate folders with movie.nfo files ?

Thanks.
<<

zip

Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:01 pm

I'm not sure how XBMC displays metadata from UPnP servers. The XBMC extractor for Serviio is mostly used for DLNA renderers which usually support cover art. Your setup is good in therm of the file structure.

Last time I tried, I just added a Serviio's folder as a source and it had the proper movie name and genre but the cover was indeed missing. Serviio does send it so I'm not sure why it's not displayed.
<<

Redstars

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:02 pm

Ah thats the problem then, this is what I was originally asking support for (I think our wires got crossed).

XBMC has a media library function that looks like this however to enable that you must
1) Add a media source
2) Use the set content feature and tell it the type of content movies, music or tv shows in that folder
3) Run the automated scan

Even if the data is already present as tbn/jpg/nfo files XBMC still has to scan a filename to add it to the library. So what I was doing was adding Serviio as a media source then trying to scan that into the XBMC library but it does not work that way with Serviio only through the file browsing listings does Serviio work with XBMC. Also XBMC doesn't have very good UPnP support, it is pretty basic they've been meaning to update it for quite some time but it's on the lower list of priorities as Samba is generally the preferred method of streaming media over a network.

Mystery solved, I think it might be possible to make it work with the XBMC library but you'd need to expose the file name to XBMC in a readable manner perhaps as a custom category in Serviio but I'm just guessing.

Anyway thanks for all the help.
<<

zip

Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:27 pm

Redstars wrote:Mystery solved, I think it might be possible to make it work with the XBMC library but you'd need to expose the file name to XBMC in a readable manner perhaps as a custom category in Serviio but I'm just guessing.

Try the folders category - it uses file names. But I doubt it'll work.
<<

Redstars

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:20 am

zip wrote:
Redstars wrote:Mystery solved, I think it might be possible to make it work with the XBMC library but you'd need to expose the file name to XBMC in a readable manner perhaps as a custom category in Serviio but I'm just guessing.

Try the folders category - it uses file names. But I doubt it'll work.

Yeah thats what I tired first but it didn't work I'm afraid.

When you right click on the file & bring up the movie information in the Serviio listings under XBMC it displays the path for the movie. The example below is The Fugitive.mp4 and as you can see there is no title for XBMC to scan, I dont know if it would be possible to actually have that title in place

Code:
http://192.168.1.15:8896/resource/50/MEDIA_ITEM/AVC_MP4_MP_SD_AAC_MULTI5
what might work in XBMC
  Code:
http://192.168.1.15:8896/resource/50/MEDIA_ITEM/The_Fugitive.MP4
<<

zip

Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:07 am

Not at the moment
<<

Redstars

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:15 pm

zip wrote:Not at the moment

Okay thanks for all the assistance, much appreciated.
<<

Pyros

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:52 am

Hi,

Online metada checking works fine in about 90%...
With our "french" titles, sometimes, it seems to bug completly like :

2011-02-28 12:32:36,384 INFO [LibraryUpdatesCheckerThread] Updated 'Metalocalypse: The 2008 Dethklok Tour' (/media/video/Video_Music/Olivia Ruiz - Chocolat show!.avi) in Library
or
2011-02-28 12:24:21,078 INFO [LibraryUpdatesCheckerThread] Updated 'Películas para no dormir: Para entrar a vivir' (/media/video/films/4 Garçons Pleins d'Avenir.avi) in Library

another exemple is my "House" folder wich contains the seasons of DR. HOUSE wich is still identfied as "Dr. Terrible's House of Horrible". Files are named like "Dr. House - S07E13 - Two Stories.mkv"

Could we have a check for an existing .nfo, then use it else fetch from online database

I agree to generate this nfo for these few files, since all others are well identified ?

Thx
<<

zip

Post Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:21 pm

<<

Pyros

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:53 pm

i've updated the proposal case...