Post Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:45 pm

Version 0.5 released

I'm happy to announce that Serviio 0.5 is ready for consumption. This one was quite a big update for me and I hope you guys will find it useful.

One of the main updates is a completely new renderer profile management. It will enable you to select a profile for each of your devices independently. We have done some work in terms of automatic profile detection and it should work for most existing profiles. For the other devices, please let us know on the forum.

Another interesting feature is retrieving descriptive metadata (e.g. title, author, series name, etc) for video files from Swisscenter and XBMC files. Those are alternatives to the current online metadata extractor and would enable you to completely manage your metadata (as those tools have metadata editing capabilities, alternative online searches, etc). The current online metadata search can now retrieve data in your preferred language (if it exists).

One of the most sought after features recently has been the possibility to edit browsing menu on the device. This is now included in the application and should be flexible enough to meet the needs of most of you.

The are a lot more in this release (see Release Notes), so go ahead and give it a go. I have already some ideas for 0.5.1 (audio transcoding being the most important) and then, 0.6 should be all about the online streaming.

I have to give my massive thanks to all the beta testers and people who contributed to translating the app - it's very much appreciated.