FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Samsung NU-Series - Subtitles stop unexpectedly

<<

arielcannal

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:09 pm

Samsung NU-Series - Subtitles stop unexpectedly

Since I installed the most current version of Serviio, there has been a problem that I have not been able to solve.

When playing MKV files with embedded text subtitles (SRT), subtitles stop unexpectedly.

The video playback starts with the subtitle, normally, but at a random moment the subtitle stops showing. When you exit the video and play it again, the subtitle is displayed normally again.

It happens a few times over the course of the exhibition. What could it be?
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:20 am

Re: Samsung NU-Series - Subtitles stop unexpectedly

I had an NU set, but didn't like the HDR quality so gave it to my daughter. But in my experience with both that TV and the JU series I still have, Samsung is simply terrible at DLNA support. I'm not saying that updating Serviio might not have been part of the problem, and you didn't specify what version you updated from. But I gave up on using the Samsung Smart TV functions long ago, finding a far better user experience with external players, such as a Blu Ray player, Roku or Nvidia Shield.

It might be useful to see what your Serviio log shows during playback. It might require enabling debug logging to get enough detail, but perhaps the standard log has enough.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

arielcannal

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:25 pm

Re: Samsung NU-Series - Subtitles stop unexpectedly

Thanks for the tips, atc98092.

I will try to analyze the logs and find out something. Soon I will update this topic again.

Return to Samsung