FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Unable to see files on my LE32C650

<<

floyd

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:32 am

Unable to see files on my LE32C650

Hi,

I've just installed Serviio in an effort to avoid using the clunky, slow Samsung PC Share Manager software that is designed to work with my TV. I am able to see Serviio when I browse the AllShare devices, but when I try to browse for the files that I've shared (both on a networked hard drive and locally on the PC) there are zero files shown. Other alternative software (such as twonky) seem to find some files and folders but are also not without their problems hence trying Serviio.

Any ideas why this might be?

I have a satic IP address on the TV and have tried "bound IP address" and leaving it empty. I've also tried selecting "Samsung TV / Player (C Series)" from the Renderer Profile drop-down without success.

I am connected to the TV/Network hard drive (Freecom 1tb) via a netgear DG834G v4 router via ethernet, running the patest firmware.

Thanks a lot.

Liam.
<<

floyd

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:34 am

Re: Unable to see files on my LE32C650

Having faffed around A LOT, I have found that I am on occasion able to see some files/folders (a combo of those locally and on the network hard drive). There is no consistancy about what I can see, however. This is the same issue I've had will all the different media servers I have tried. Why do files and folders appear and dissapear for no apparent reason? Is this likely to be a problem with the TV? I'm beginning to think that is the only thing it can be, seeing as how I've tried 3 different PC's and several different media server software options.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,

Liam.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:05 pm

Just a stupid question but:

The TV has it's own media menu, including Music/Movies/Pictures (or similar). You have to select the proper one in order to see content server by Serviio, the TV filters out any other file types. So fo example:

TV (Movies) -> Serviio (Images) .... will show no images.
TV (Pictures) -> Serviio (Images) ... will show your images
<<

pilda

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:55 pm

Same here [le37c650, sw T-VALDEUC-3005.1]. Only movies ["videos" on Samsung] work, images and music are not working at all.
<<

pn50c7000

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:37 pm

Hi,

I am having a similar problem on my Samsung pn50c7000 TV as well as through my sammy bluray player that came with the TV. I can see all the folders I added to the serviio library and the directories it created but none of the actual files are visible. Is my TV filtering everything out? I am able to see everything when using the Samsung PC Share but I don't like this program for a variety of reasons. I have tried generic and Samsung C profiles.

I am running XP x86, Phenom X4 3.2 GHz, 4 GB Ram.

Thanks
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:44 pm

You will need to use the samsung c profile and you may have to wait upto 24hours for serviio to populate your library fully.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging

Return to Samsung