FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

mp4 problem on E series - cannot jump to start

<<

caciavar

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:58 pm

mp4 problem on E series - cannot jump to start

Hello,

Would just like to start by saying that I think Serviio is fantastic.

I've got a Samsung UN40EH5300 with the Samsung TV / player (E/F-series) profile set.

The issue is that with a particular mp4 file (maybe other files too), it always resumes from the last position, and I cannot jump to the beginning of the file. The only thing I can do is use the back/forward arrows on the remote to skip ahead/back by a few seconds at a time. This would take forever to restart a movie again. Also the ffw/rew buttons do not work (not supported).

Is there something I can do to start this movie from the beginning?
<<

BenDover

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:22 pm

Re: mp4 problem on E series - cannot jump to start

Did you ever find a solution? I´m having the exact same problem with my Samsung UE46ES5505 TV
<<

caciavar

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:02 pm

I did. It wasn't a problem with the TV or with Serviio. It was a problem with me. The TV is at my parents house so next time I go there I will recreate the steps I took to properly do the "jump to start". It wasn't obvious at first, but I eventually found out how to do it. I'll post a reply here soon.
<<

BenDover

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:03 pm

Thanks, I started messing with the remote when you said it wasn´t obvious how to do it and I found out how to, when the video starts playing in the middle of the file, press tools on the remote and select start from beginning.

Return to Samsung