FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How do you watch now the movies on my TV?

<<

griselda

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:02 pm

How do you watch now the movies on my TV?

Hi

After wasting hours loading / unloading Samsung's AllShare Software (several times!) without succeding in making it work, I stambled on Serviio while googling for a solution.

Software seems great, it is installed nice and quickly in my PC and I can see my TV mentioned on the status tab...I have also added some folders to be share but....
HOW do I watch now the movies from my PC in my TV ???????
I have read the forum, FAQ etc etc but I was unable to find an answer (perhaps I have spent too many hours frustrated with Samsung Allshare and Kies, and couldn't find the instructions...sorry)

Hope someone can give me a hand. Thanks in advance.
<<

hennys

DLNA master

Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:39 am

Re: How do you watch now the movies on my TV?

Use mediaplay on the samsung tv and select serviio as the server.

If you did this already, but cannot see the video's after you select the server, did you check the videos checkbox in the library folders ?

Regards,

Hen
<<

griselda

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:07 pm

Hi Hen and thanks for answering
I have looked at Samsung's Media PLay...the Serviio server is not shown (I have just checked, and it is running)
However when I go to Content>AllShare on the Samsung TV, now it shows the Windows Meida Player Logo, as well as two directories (shown as IVAN-VAIO). I can only assume these directories belong to someone else which live close by, as I don't have a VAIO computer neither my name is IVAN.

Anyway, I am able to select the IVAN-VAIO directories mentioned (nothing in them) but I am not able to selec the Windows Media Player icon, so I can't see what's in it...

Don't know what else to do...any ideas ?
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:02 pm

griselda wrote:Hi Hen and thanks for answering
I have looked at Samsung's Media PLay...the Serviio server is not shown (I have just checked, and it is running)
However when I go to Content>AllShare on the Samsung TV, now it shows the Windows Meida Player Logo, as well as two directories (shown as IVAN-VAIO). I can only assume these directories belong to someone else which live close by, as I don't have a VAIO computer neither my name is IVAN.

Anyway, I am able to select the IVAN-VAIO directories mentioned (nothing in them) but I am not able to selec the Windows Media Player icon, so I can't see what's in it...

Don't know what else to do...any ideas ?

On your smasung remote press Mplayer button and that should take you to serviio, if it does NOT check that there are no firewalls blocking serviio on your pc.

as a side not i would disabled windows media player network service and i have found in some clases it can cause issues..
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

griselda

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:23 pm

Hi
When I press Media Player on the Samsung TV, I get 5 icon (recorded TV, videos, music, etc)
When I click on icon Videos, I do see a HDD I have connected to the TV, as well as IVAN-VAIO twice as mentioned. (with a Windows Media Player icon)..but no files inside those folders. Serviio is not mentioned anywhere (Seviio is running and , I just checked)
I do have a folder D:\movies in the shared folders area (Library tab) of Serviio.

Seems to me like the Windoes Media Player Icon/IVAN-VAIO folders have something to do with Serviio, as I never saw these options before...they only became visible after installing Serviio, however I've gone through every folder there and there are no videos anywhere.

Anyway, seems like its a no go....pitty.
Thanks for your help anyway....:(
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:44 pm

press the RED button (A) and then select serviio.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging

Return to Samsung