FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Bookmarking on Samsung C series

<<

fireyone

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:19 pm

Bookmarking on Samsung C series

Hello,
I just started using your software and find it amazing. I have run into a few issues so far, though. I just installed 0.5.1 today and all my videos play great. I never receive a prompt to resume the file from a previous position, though. Is there a setting that I need to change in the console to activate this ability?
Also I have an issue when my TV starts up. Though a Vista computer is recognized immediately on the TV, the Serviio service on another computer takes a few minutes to be noticed by the television.
I have an LN46C630, by the way.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:36 am

Re: Bookmarking on Samsung C series

The bookmark feature seems to be very erractic atm and we are not sure why when i get some time i will try and see what happen when it work and when it fails..
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

fireyone

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:26 am

Thanks for the fast reply! Any ideas as to why the server doesn't show up for a few minutes when the TV is first turned on?
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:06 am

fireyone wrote:Thanks for the fast reply! Any ideas as to why the server doesn't show up for a few minutes when the TV is first turned on?

slow network is my only guess as mine is there in seconds.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

drago17

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:00 pm

i tried the new version (0.5.1) on my samsung c6000 and i found the same problem about bookmarks.
when i stop a film and after i open the same file, it is played from the start, and not from the positon i have stopped it.
why?
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:13 pm

drago17 did you even read my earlier post before demanding an answer ???

look back up 4 posts and your answer is there.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

Mayki

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:03 pm

Bookmarks work, but must be allowed to coast until the end of update files. This may take several hours. If this is not the end, but the movie is played a Bookmark not work. Forgive my bad English. Using Serviio 0.5.1. and Samsung TV UE40C6620. ;)

Code:
Záložky fungují, musí se ale nechat doběhnout do konce aktualizace všech souborů. To může trvat i několik hodin. Pokud to nedojde do konce, filmy jde přehrát ale záložy nefungují. Promiňte mi mou špatnou angličtinu. Používám Serviio 0.5.1. a Samsung TV UE40C6620.
Serviio 0.1.2. and Samsung TV UE40C6620 and Samsung TV UE55ES6570 and Synology 212j
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:09 pm

Mayki wrote:Bookmarks work, but must be allowed to coast until the end of update files. This may take several hours. If this is not the end, but the movie is played a Bookmark not work. Forgive my bad English. Using Serviio 0.5.1. and Samsung TV UE40C6620. ;)

Code:
Záložky fungují, musí se ale nechat doběhnout do konce aktualizace všech souborů. To může trvat i několik hodin. Pokud to nedojde do konce, filmy jde přehrát ale záložy nefungují. Promiňte mi mou špatnou angličtinu. Používám Serviio 0.5.1. a Samsung TV UE40C6620.

hmm thats intresting i will take a look at that one once i get a sec. :)
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

bubbaspam

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:22 pm

Thanks to everyone for all the hard work. I am having the same issue and would be glad to help anyway I can with logs or testing. :mrgreen:
<<

fireyone

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:29 pm

Mayki wrote:Bookmarks work, but must be allowed to coast until the end of update files. This may take several hours. If this is not the end, but the movie is played a Bookmark not work. Forgive my bad English. Using Serviio 0.5.1. and Samsung TV UE40C6620. ;)

I thought this might be the case, but after my folders all became updated I still have this issue. No resume still, and this is now more than 24 hours later.
<<

drago17

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:31 pm

Cerberus wrote:drago17 did you even read my earlier post before demanding an answer ???

look back up 4 posts and your answer is there.

sorry for my last post.. i read ur post, but i had a mistake in translating :? :? :? :? :?
<<

zxcslo

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:28 am

I have the same 'problem' with bookmarks on the Samsung C6000 and C5100. Here is the log:

2011-03-15 23:25:49,730 ERROR [ServiceInvoker] Operation X_SetBookmark threw an exception
org.serviio.upnp.service.contentdirectory.ObjectNotFoundException: Object with id V_S#SER_9#SSN_2#V_33500 not found in CDS
at org.serviio.upnp.service.contentdirectory.command.AbstractEntityItemCommand.retrieveSingleItem(AbstractEntityItemCommand.java:75)
at org.serviio.upnp.service.contentdirectory.command.AbstractEntityItemCommand.retrieveSingleItem(AbstractEntityItemCommand.java:29)
at org.serviio.upnp.service.contentdirectory.command.AbstractCommand.retrieveItem(AbstractCommand.java:131)
at org.serviio.upnp.service.contentdirectory.definition.ActionNode.executeRetrieveItemAction(ActionNode.java:172)
at org.serviio.upnp.service.contentdirectory.definition.ActionNode.retrieveDirectoryObject(ActionNode.java:80)
at org.serviio.upnp.service.contentdirectory.ContentDirectory.X_SetBookmark(ContentDirectory.java:299)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.serviio.upnp.protocol.soap.ServiceInvoker.invokeOperation(ServiceInvoker.java:253)
at org.serviio.upnp.protocol.soap.ServiceInvoker.invokeService(ServiceInvoker.java:93)
at org.serviio.upnp.webserver.ServiceControlRequestHandler.handleRequest(ServiceControlRequestHandler.java:73)
at org.serviio.upnp.webserver.AbstractRequestHandler.handle(AbstractRequestHandler.java:58)
at org.apache.http.protocol.HttpService.doService(HttpService.java:293)
at org.serviio.upnp.webserver.ServiioHttpService.doService(ServiioHttpService.java:58)
at org.apache.http.protocol.HttpService.handleRequest(HttpService.java:212)
at org.serviio.upnp.webserver.WebServer$WorkerThread.run(WebServer.java:187)
2011-03-15 23:25:52,697 ERROR [ServiceInvoker] Operation X_SetBookmark threw an exception
org.serviio.upnp.service.contentdirectory.ObjectNotFoundException: Object with id V_S#SER_9#SSN_2#V_33500 not found in CDS
at org.serviio.upnp.service.contentdirectory.command.AbstractEntityItemCommand.retrieveSingleItem(AbstractEntityItemCommand.java:75)
at org.serviio.upnp.service.contentdirectory.command.AbstractEntityItemCommand.retrieveSingleItem(AbstractEntityItemCommand.java:29)
at org.serviio.upnp.service.contentdirectory.command.AbstractCommand.retrieveItem(AbstractCommand.java:131)
at org.serviio.upnp.service.contentdirectory.definition.ActionNode.executeRetrieveItemAction(ActionNode.java:172)
at org.serviio.upnp.service.contentdirectory.definition.ActionNode.retrieveDirectoryObject(ActionNode.java:80)
at org.serviio.upnp.service.contentdirectory.ContentDirectory.X_SetBookmark(ContentDirectory.java:299)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.serviio.upnp.protocol.soap.ServiceInvoker.invokeOperation(ServiceInvoker.java:253)
at org.serviio.upnp.protocol.soap.ServiceInvoker.invokeService(ServiceInvoker.java:93)
at org.serviio.upnp.webserver.ServiceControlRequestHandler.handleRequest(ServiceControlRequestHandler.java:73)
at org.serviio.upnp.webserver.AbstractRequestHandler.handle(AbstractRequestHandler.java:58)
at org.apache.http.protocol.HttpService.doService(HttpService.java:293)
at org.serviio.upnp.webserver.ServiioHttpService.doService(ServiioHttpService.java:58)
at org.apache.http.protocol.HttpService.handleRequest(HttpService.java:212)
at org.serviio.upnp.webserver.WebServer$WorkerThread.run(WebServer.java:187)

It's not something, that I can't live without it, but it would be nice feature to have it. Maybe also, that you can switch it on or off in the console.

My regards to all, who are working on this superb software.

Anton from Slovenia
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:45 am

Interesting, are you getting this error for all videos?
<<

luiz_borges

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:42 am

I can confirm it is not working with a the Bluray Player BD-C5500. To make a bookmark I tried STOP, PAUSE than STOP, EXIT, RETURN, PAUSE then EXIT, PAUSE then RETURN. And to play it again I tried both PLAY and ENTER. Everytime it starts from beginning, and I never saw any resume prompt.

Also, do I have to set any setting anywhere for this to work?

Luiz Borges
<<

zip

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:30 pm

No need to set any setting, just use Samsung profile.

I don't have the player, but other said after you play the video, there is a blue button displayed for a few seconds that enables you to resume. Some also had to restart/unplug the TV/player for it to pick up this new Serviio feature (probably caches it)
<<

luiz_borges

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:24 pm

Thanks, when I get home I will test the colored buttons...
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:24 pm

nope for some reason bookmark has stopped working complete on all my samsung devices ( see signiture ) i will investiagte more as soon as i can, out of intrest is the function working for you on B series units zip ???
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

zip

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:41 pm

Nope, B series doesn't support this. There has been no change in this since the beta, can you see any errors? Can you try beta 0.5.2 and comment on there?
<<

luiz_borges

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:10 pm

I made a few tests with what I have at home, here is the results:
- All DVDs seems to work fine;
- Blurays works depending on the disc (Dark Knight didn't work, but The Departed did), guess it depends on what in on auto-play on the disc;
- Xvid/Dvix/etc via USB don't work;
- Xvid/Dvix/etc via Disc don't work;
- Xvid/Dvix/etc via Serviio don't work (I guess it doesn't work with kind of DNLA).

On the BD-C5500 when you play stop once it goes to the main screen and (when it works) it shows an icon of STOP and PLAY symbols together, play again and it resumes, press stop again and it shows an STOP symbol starts again from the beginning. I guess that when playing the Xvid/Divx it doesn't work because when STOP is pressed it doesn't go to the main screen but to the select file screen.

Luiz Borges
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:22 pm

zip wrote:Nope, B series doesn't support this. There has been no change in this since the beta, can you see any errors? Can you try beta 0.5.2 and comment on there?

i will as soon as i get a free moment sadly im working till saturday night :(
luiz_borges wrote:I made a few tests with what I have at home, here is the results:
- All DVDs seems to work fine;
- Blurays works depending on the disc (Dark Knight didn't work, but The Departed did), guess it depends on what in on auto-play on the disc;
- Xvid/Dvix/etc via USB don't work;
- Xvid/Dvix/etc via Disc don't work;
- Xvid/Dvix/etc via Serviio don't work (I guess it doesn't work with kind of DNLA).

On the BD-C5500 when you play stop once it goes to the main screen and (when it works) it shows an icon of STOP and PLAY symbols together, play again and it resumes, press stop again and it shows an STOP symbol starts again from the beginning. I guess that when playing the Xvid/Divx it doesn't work because when STOP is pressed it doesn't go to the main screen but to the select file screen.

Luiz Borges

luiz we are talking about it working in SERVIIO no were else, we had it working in the beta of 0.5.1 but for some reason its stopped working the fact it work on USB and Disk isnt relivent. :)
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Next

Return to Samsung