FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New D8000 series and Matroska

<<

solid54

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:21 am

Re: New D8000 series and Matroska

Cerberus wrote:
zip wrote:He's asking if it can be played natively ;-) It looks that the file doesn't fit into any DLNA profile (I think only SD h264 is supported with ac3 in MOV). I could make it play but it would be going around the standard. Will see - create a bitbucket ticket with link to this topic, pls.

yer i know, they always seem to think we transcode files for the fun of it or to make life difficult, and not for the fact it wont work if it isnt transcioded. :roll: :mrgreen:

Or we are asking because we don't understand the application enough to know if our file should play natively or not. I don't mind transcoding if needed, but I like to avoid it if I can.

If this file format isn't support by DLNA standards currently, no problem. I would rather have other features first before going around the standard to support my files. I will create a bitbucket ticket for it either way.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:02 pm

solid54 wrote:
Cerberus wrote:
zip wrote:He's asking if it can be played natively ;-) It looks that the file doesn't fit into any DLNA profile (I think only SD h264 is supported with ac3 in MOV). I could make it play but it would be going around the standard. Will see - create a bitbucket ticket with link to this topic, pls.

yer i know, they always seem to think we transcode files for the fun of it or to make life difficult, and not for the fact it wont work if it isnt transcioded. :roll: :mrgreen:

Or we are asking because we don't understand the application enough to know if our file should play natively or not. I don't mind transcoding if needed, but I like to avoid it if I can.

If this file format isn't support by DLNA standards currently, no problem. I would rather have other features first before going around the standard to support my files. I will create a bitbucket ticket for it either way.

It has nothing to do with the DLNA standard, its because the renderer does not support it...
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:13 pm

It actually may be supported by the renderer (like MKV, which is not DLNA supported), Serviio just rejects it beforehand because it cannot decide what DLNA profile it is.
Previous

Return to Samsung