FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Samsung J.series BluRay player not obtaining all the links

<<

googlebox

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:48 pm

Samsung J.series BluRay player not obtaining all the links

Hi,

I've recently bought a Samsung J-series Blu Ray player and notice that there isn't a profile for it so I have tired H and Generic DLNA profile but I am not getting all the links to the files (on a Sony TV and Blu Ray it is working fine). I'm getting some links to files but not all of them.

I have tried just one folder where I'm not getting the links but they still don't appear. I have tried rebuilding the library in case ti was that.

The player is picking up a second DLNA server fine so I know its Servio, not the player.

I'm in the middle of a rebuild of the server but once this is complete thenI will try the E/F profile. I have tried playing a file that is there and it works perfectly fine so no issues in playback, just obtaining the others that it hasn't got already.

Any solutions that may help?
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:12 pm

Re: Samsung J.series BluRay player not obtaining all the lin

While I don't have a J series player, I do have an H series player and JU TV. For most files, the H profile works ok. We need to know some media information about the file(s) that don't appear.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

googlebox

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:33 pm

It's mostly .mp4 and .ts files. Audio files seem to have come across alright.
<<

googlebox

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:47 pm

The video files that are there seem to all be .ts files. The .mp4 files haven't transferred over at all.
<<

googlebox

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:09 pm

In Serviio console, the blu ray player in question has an amber light next to it. Does this have any significance?
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:36 pm

You have listed the file container, not what's inside it. We need media information, which can be gotten with a Windows program (MediaInfo) or with FFMPEG from a command line.

The yellow dot means your player does something out of spec with the DLNA protocol (like Roku does), or perhaps the player is off-line. With my devices, the Roku shows yellow at all times, as does my Windows Phone and iPhone/iPad devices. My Sony players will show green when powered up, as will my Samsung TV. Other devices are hit or miss. None of them have any problem connecting to my Serviio computers.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

<<

googlebox

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:17 pm

How would I get the information inside the container using ffmpeg? Do I need to get it from the file at source or from Serviio?

I should say, I'm on OS X.
<<

googlebox

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:24 pm

The content appears fine on my other devices, just not this one. This is what puzzling me too.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:37 pm

To use FFMPEG to retrieve the information, run from the command line:
  Code:
ffmpeg -i filename

That's a lower case I after ffmpeg. Chances are you may need to include the full path to FFMPEG and the file name. Also, if there are any spaces in either path or the video file name make sure you use quotes before and after the name. Windows example below. I don't know the path names for OSX:
  Code:
"c:\program files\serviio\lib\ffmpeg" -i "f:\video\Star Trek (2009).mkv"
Dan

<<

googlebox

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:12 pm

Thanks! I'll try that. I installed a second DLNA server on the machine and I loaded the same files and they load perfectly fine.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:29 pm

googlebox wrote:Thanks! I'll try that. I installed a second DLNA server on the machine and I loaded the same files and they load perfectly fine.

Yeah, that pretty much points to the need for a J series profile. There's obviously some changes from the H series.
Dan

<<

googlebox

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:01 pm

Agreed. Although I think there is also a bug in the DLNA client in my version of the software as the other server has a profile for my series of Blu Ray but it's advertised as unknown renderer (which I think is also causing the amber light in Serviio). It could also simply be that the player isn't advertising itself correctly so Serviio can't assign anything to it. The device name is Unrecognised device. My YouTube app can pick up the name of the player fine, which points to the DLNA client. Although, I haven't found a way yet to inform Samsung of this bug...
<<

googlebox

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:37 pm

I have reported the bug(s) in the DLNA client to Samsung so hopefully there is a fix in the next software update.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:48 pm

Yeah, there's several annoyances with the Samsung DLNA client. For starters, often when I first attempt to play a video I get a network connection error. Selecting the video a 2nd time it begins playing immediately. It is nice that it recognizes where I left off (if the movie hasn't played completely) and restarts at that point. Sometimes it won't allow selecting captions or alternate audio tracks, even when the file contains them.

It would be great if they added something to the client that gives you an information screen before you select play. Something like Netflix and Amazon where you get some metadata displayed before you select play. The Roku Player does it, so it should be doable.
Dan

<<

googlebox

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:17 pm

Yeah, it does seem that way! Hopefully it can be fixed in the software update.

Return to Samsung