FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Folder Browsing

<<

rrrssssss

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:26 am

Folder Browsing

Hello forum,

I have the same problem that jibtga had in his March 30th post titled "folder browsing", but the suggested remedy does not work for me. I am running Serviio 5.2 and I can not back out of the menu hierarchy to the original multimedia menu of the TV by using the "return" button on the remote after browsing. In other words, I can not get back to the original screen that shows the three options of Video, Image, and Music, which is the first screen that appears when you first start.

In the Presentation tab of the console, I have Audio set as "Display Category" and I have Image set as "Display Category" and I have Video set as "Display Category". The only other bits that are enabled are the Folders which are all set as "Display Content Only".

If I revert back to Serviio 5.1, I do not have the problem. I am using the Samsung BD-C6500 Blue Ray player and running Linux Mint.

Can anyone help me?

Serviio Rocks,
Roy
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:19 pm

Re: Folder Browsing

So when you select Video on the player does it take you straight to your folders or do you see Video/Audio/Images Serviio folders?
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:46 pm

rrrssssss wrote:Hello forum,

I have the same problem that jibtga had in his March 30th post titled "folder browsing", but the suggested remedy does not work for me. I am running Serviio 5.2 and I can not back out of the menu hierarchy to the original multimedia menu of the TV by using the "return" button on the remote after browsing. In other words, I can not get back to the original screen that shows the three options of Video, Image, and Music, which is the first screen that appears when you first start.

In the Presentation tab of the console, I have Audio set as "Display Category" and I have Image set as "Display Category" and I have Video set as "Display Category". The only other bits that are enabled are the Folders which are all set as "Display Content Only".

If I revert back to Serviio 5.1, I do not have the problem. I am using the Samsung BD-C6500 Blue Ray player and running Linux Mint.

Can anyone help me?

Serviio Rocks,
Roy

Can you do me a screen shot of the presentation menu and library menu please :) i have an idea what the issue is but want to compare your pages to mine as i did the testing on the samsung devices :) and had no issues..
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

rrrssssss

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:51 pm

To answer zip's question, whenever I select "Video" from the main menu, a new screen appears with three folders, called Video, Images, and Music but only the contents of the Video folder are able to be accessed. If I want to access the Music folder, I have to choose Music from the main menu instead of Video. Likewise for Images. All versions of Serviio work this way and I haven't found that to be a problem.

To answer cerberus's question, I have attached my presentation and library screens.

Thanks for your help,
Roy

Screenshot.png
Screenshot.png (73.55 KiB) Viewed 8414 times
Screenshot-1.png
Screenshot-1.png (56.01 KiB) Viewed 8414 times
Screenshot-2.png
Screenshot-2.png (45.67 KiB) Viewed 8414 times
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:11 pm

ok only different between mine and your is the show parent catagory tick box try unselecting that and try again. :)
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

rrrssssss

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:22 pm

I un-ticked the parent directory setting but the results are still the same. I can not return to the starting screen unless I exit Serviio and start it back again.

When I first installed Serviio 5.2, I performed the upgrade method when I first noticed the problem so I thought there may be a problem with upgrading Serviio from a previous version, but then I installed Serviio from a fresh install but the problem still remained. Again, the previous version of Serviio (5.1) does not have this problem.

I'll continue to use the previous version of Serviio until a fix can be found for the current version.

All the best,
Roy
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:32 pm

rrrssssss wrote:I un-ticked the parent directory setting but the results are still the same. I can not return to the starting screen unless I exit Serviio and start it back again.

When I first installed Serviio 5.2, I performed the upgrade method when I first noticed the problem so I thought there may be a problem with upgrading Serviio from a previous version, but then I installed Serviio from a fresh install but the problem still remained. Again, the previous version of Serviio (5.1) does not have this problem.

I'll continue to use the previous version of Serviio until a fix can be found for the current version.

All the best,
Roy

what firmware version are u running ????
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

rrrssssss

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:44 pm

The firmware version for the Blue Ray player is BSP-C6500WWB-1020.1 which is the latest version to date.

Roy
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:48 pm

rrrssssss wrote:The firmware version for the Blue Ray player is BSP-C6500WWB-1020.1 which is the latest version to date.

Roy

yep that is teh latest, im out of ideas atm back to testing i guess, will update this thread when i know more.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:23 pm

You can remove DeviceDescription block from the C/D series profile. That will revert to what 0.5.1 does, but you'll also loose bookmarking (most likely) and subtitles menu.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:38 pm

zip wrote:You can remove DeviceDescription block from the C/D series profile. That will revert to what 0.5.1 does, but you'll also loose bookmarking (most likely) and subtitles menu.

yer u do you will loose all teh extras if you remove that section sadly :(
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

rrrssssss

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:34 pm

A new firmware upgrade came out recently for the Samsung Blue Ray Player, version 1021.4, but I regretfully have to report it did not fix the aforementioned problem. Please keep up the excellent work with Serviio. It is the best DNLA software I have came across so far.

Roy
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:06 pm

rrrssssss wrote:A new firmware upgrade came out recently for the Samsung Blue Ray Player, version 1021.4, but I regretfully have to report it did not fix the aforementioned problem. Please keep up the excellent work with Serviio. It is the best DNLA software I have came across so far.

Roy

will put this to the test for you but i suspect it only affect certain models and not the whole range of BDPs
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

rrrssssss

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:20 pm

Hello forum,

I am pleased to announce that Samsung's latest firmware for the BD-C6500 Blu-ray player fixed the problem with the return button failing to take the menu back to the very beginning in Seviio 0.5.2.

Firmware version 1022.3 fixed it.

Thank you for all of your efforts.

Roy

Return to Samsung