FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Samsung tv showing as inactive won't access Serviio

<<

gbscobel

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:47 pm

Samsung tv showing as inactive won't access Serviio

On Serviio 1.7, just moved to a new house with ATT Uverse service. First day in the house, both Samsung tv's (both hard wired ethernet to the system) detected Seviio fine just like back in my old house and worked great. Had to do port forwarding for 23424 to get Serviigo app to work and now suddenly on the Serviio 1.7 console, both tv's show up but both show as inactive and I can't get to serviio on either tv. Are there other ports that need to be opened or something else I have to do to make tv's see the media center? In the old house with Comcast I don't remember having to do anything special but now with this new ATT router and system things don't seem to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:37 pm

Re: Samsung tv showing as inactive won't access Serviio

If you are using Windows 10, it's possible you just received the "Anniversary Update". It seems that this update will close firewall settings that were previously open. If this is the case, you can either re-install Serviio (which configures the firewall) or go into the firewall settings and ensure Serviio is permitted.

If it's not Windows 10, then it's still possible the firewall is the issue. Worth checking, anyway...
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

gbscobel

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:59 pm

I appreciate the feedback. My problem is I have 2 Samsung tv's and one sees Serviio with no problem so I don't think it's a firewall issue. In fact, I'm using Serviigo app on serveral devices and those all are functioning as well. It's just my one main tv that worked once when I first tested it but since that time, and several restarts of the ATT Uverse service, everything else seems stable but this one tv won't detect Serviio.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:35 pm

Ah, your first post said neither TV could see Serviio. Since one does, that means there's no firewall issue. If one sees it and another doesn't, then there's a networking issue. I once had a bad Ethernet cable that seemed to work, all indications was it was connecting, but it wasn't really passing data. Might try a different cable on the TV that can't see it.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

<<

gbscobel

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:40 pm

Ok, I'll give that a try. Just out of curiosity, the way this is currently setup by ATT is the main cable box is upstairs going to an 8 port switch, then a cable run downstairs, through another 8 port switch and then to the tv. Is it possible that has something to do with it or is that not an issue? I can use other internet features like Netflix with no problem.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:30 pm

I have cascading switches with no issues. As long as they are just simple switches, and not routers being used as a switch, there should be no problem.

Just to be sure, check your IP address on each T, wV and the Serviio computer and make sure they're all on the same subnet, i.e. 192.168.0.x, with the x being the only different number. If your network uses a different address range, just make sure the first three digits are the same on every device.
Dan

Return to Samsung