FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

D series, resume not working

<<

ViperFred

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:23 pm

D series, resume not working

Hi, all my 1000+ movies seems to be working great with the server, but I'm really missing the resume stuff that people with the C series seems to have working. Am I missing something here or is this function not working properly with the D series? Anybody else having this problem?

Thanks for this awesome software!!
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:39 pm

Re: D series, resume not working

ViperFred wrote:Hi, all my 1000+ movies seems to be working great with the server, but I'm really missing the resume stuff that people with the C series seems to have working. Am I missing something here or is this function not working properly with the D series? Anybody else having this problem?

Thanks for this awesome software!!

no one has really tested teh D series profile yet.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:27 pm

Is resume working with the Samsung's server?
<<

ViperFred

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:54 am

zip wrote:Is resume working with the Samsung's server?

Don't have any good experience with Samsung software from before, but will try later today.
<<

ViperFred

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:38 am

Just installed the AllShare 2.0 server from Samsung and indeed the resume was there. It works like this:
I connect to the server through the SmartHubs AllShare service. The server lists all the content I shared from my PC.
I then start a movie by using the "play" button on the remote control.
After a while I press the "stop" button on the remote.
Then I press play again on the remote and on the "tools" menu, that appears when playing a movie, a resume option is highlighted.
By selecting this option the movie jumps to the place in time where I pressed the "stop" button.

The same option is missing when using the Serviio server instead with the same share and by performing the steps above.

Is there any logs or anything else you would want me to look at?
<<

zip

Post Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:45 am

I'll try downloading that software and check it out.

Create a ticket for this: https://bitbucket.org/xnejp03/serviio/i ... g-d-series
<<

ViperFred

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:41 pm

Super! I´ve added a comment by following the provided link. Never used bitbucket before, hope I did it right...
<<

ViperFred

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:53 pm

Ok, now I´m really confused. All seems to be working with Serviio as well after a media refresh? I suddenly got the resume icon using Serviio as well. Don´t know what I might have changed (apart from changing to DEBUG in log4j and installing Samsung AllShare). Sorry if this thread was started for nothing. But I´m sure the resume wasn´t there yesterday.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:13 pm

ViperFred wrote:Ok, now I´m really confused. All seems to be working with Serviio as well after a media refresh? I suddenly got the resume icon using Serviio as well. Don´t know what I might have changed (apart from changing to DEBUG in log4j and installing Samsung AllShare). Sorry if this thread was started for nothing. But I´m sure the resume wasn´t there yesterday.

ah i bet the library hadnt fully been built after you install serviio as this function seem to fail until the library has been fully built for the first time.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

zip

Post Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:44 pm

shouldn't make a difference. Keep monitoring and if you find it working properly update the bitbucket ticket so that it can be closed please.
<<

zip

Post Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:11 pm

also can you make sure it work on a file that you have not watched before using the Samsung's SW?
<<

ViperFred

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:48 pm

All seems to be working just fine now. Think we can close the ticket. Strange but in a good way :-).

Return to Samsung