FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

samsung n series tv profile (i.e., nu 8000, 7100, 6900, etc)

<<

Yoongbo

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:47 pm

Re: samsung n series tv profile (i.e., nu 8000, 7100, 6900,

atc98092 wrote:can you tell me the file name? There's almost 3000 lines to go through in the log, and that would save time for searching.

file name is: us.2019.720p.bluray.x264-geckos.mkv
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:04 pm

I wonder if it's transcoding because you have an external SRT file? I can't say for sure, but that might be causing it. However, it is calling for HLS transcoding, so trick play should be working. But maybe it's something specific on a Samsung set, because when my HLS files are transcoded on a Roku player, trick play works. But with the poor support that Samsung offers for DLNA, I wouldn't be surprised if it's something Samsung specific.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

freaknik

DLNA master

Post Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:11 pm

I have had serviio and java on portable usb back in the 1.x and had chromecast also portable and knew for a fact that chromecast transcodes up to 720 with srt perfectly. Then when I would go somewhere every so often it didn't work because the TV did not play nice with srt. Only brands this happened with and I moved around watching serviio a lot haha were Samsung and Sony.

Of course this is anecdotal evidence but it happened a lot. Maybe it's a licensing thing like when home video moved from vhs and vcd to dvd and sony was the first to come out with progressive scan but made sure the firmware rejected burned DVD's.

Those turds lol, I never understood the mindset of we're going to bully pirates and convert them into submissive consumers. Never going to happen waste of time and money.
<<

freaknik

DLNA master

Post Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:14 pm

tldr imo samsung makes srt and native dlna not work or work poorly because mostly people use it to watch content without subscription.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:25 am

Yeah, I stopped using the internal Samsung DLNA player long ago, because it was in general just terrible. Far better results with a Roku, Shield, or even a Blu Ray player. I have both a Shield and a Sony BD player on my Samsung set, and never touch the "Smart TV" apps in it. Samsung's DLNA support is miserable.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

<<

Yoongbo

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:52 pm

atc98092 wrote:I wonder if it's transcoding because you have an external SRT file? I can't say for sure, but that might be causing it. However, it is calling for HLS transcoding, so trick play should be working. But maybe it's something specific on a Samsung set, because when my HLS files are transcoded on a Roku player, trick play works. But with the poor support that Samsung offers for DLNA, I wouldn't be surprised if it's something Samsung specific.

So it comes down to my samsung TV. Yeah it seems the transcoding is somehow relates to the external srt and having Enabled burned-in subtitile. But with generic DLNA profile, even with the srt, that file isn't transcoded (i know because i still have trick play and the pc cpu usage is low). Can you make changes to the Roku 4K TV so that it won't transcode files with audio other than DTS even if i have an external srt (like what the generic DLNA profile does, but still transcode files with DTS audio) ?
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:39 pm

Yoongbo wrote:So it comes down to my Samsung TV. Yeah it seems the transcoding is somehow relates to the external srt and having Enabled burned-in subtitle. But with generic DLNA profile, even with the srt, that file isn't transcoded (i know because i still have trick play and the pc cpu usage is low). Can you make changes to the Roku 4K TV so that it won't transcode files with audio other than DTS even if i have an external srt (like what the generic DLNA profile does, but still transcode files with DTS audio) ?

Enabling burned in subtitles will always transcoding, even if you have transcoding turned off. I should have asked you about that. I don't know if Serviio uses the profile to determine how to transcode to burn-in the subtitle, or if it uses something different. If it uses the profile, then it should be using HLS and trick play should be available. I'm just thinking more and more it's a Samsung thing.

No, I can't edit the Roku profile to support a Samsung TV. :D But perhaps someone can create a new profile for the latest versions of Samsung. Besides, that profile transcodes all audio except for AC3 because Roku doesn't support any other audio codec except 2 channel PCM.
Dan

<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:35 pm

I just bought an NU7100 yesterday, so will be working on a good profile for it. Just using the generic profile I noticed it played almost everything I have, just with no audio on the lossless media. So it should be a pretty simple profile to capture some unsupported containers and codecs. I did try the Roku 4K TV profile and found that the TV will play HLS transcoded files, but I didn't attempt any trick play with it. Will look into that as well.
Dan

<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:43 pm

OK, uncovered something completely unexpected. I tested the NU7100 with the Roku TV profile, expecting trick play to work. Surprise, no FF. OK, that's what some of you had reported. However, when I changed the destination container to MPEGTS, voila, fast forward!

Now, don't expect to be able to FF a long ways into a movie after starting playback. It will only move forward as far as the video has been transcoded so far. That means at the beginning you probably can't FF much more than 30 seconds. But the longer the movie plays, and assuming a reasonably fast CPU in your Serviio computer, you should be able to get quite far after 4-5 minutes.

I found that the TV doesn't like VC-1 video, nor the WTV container. WMV videos also require transcoding. But again, fast forward works for all of them. However, resume isn't available for any video, even if transcoding isn't necessary. That seems to be a Samsung issue.

However, compared to my JU7100 it is playing videos from my server far better. My first choice is to still use either my Roku Ultra or Nvidia Shield for playback. The Samsung NU user interface is still just as lousy as it is in my JU series.

I will provide this profile to Zip for inclusion in the next Serviio release. In the meantime you can use this user profile file and select the Samsung TV (NU Series) profile.
user-profiles.xml
(2.28 KiB) Downloaded 907 times
Dan

<<

Uran255

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:06 pm

atc98092 wrote:OK, uncovered something completely unexpected. I tested the NU7100 with the Roku TV profile, expecting trick play to work. Surprise, no FF. OK, that's what some of you had reported. However, when I changed the destination container to MPEGTS, voila, fast forward!

Now, don't expect to be able to FF a long ways into a movie after starting playback. It will only move forward as far as the video has been transcoded so far. That means at the beginning you probably can't FF much more than 30 seconds. But the longer the movie plays, and assuming a reasonably fast CPU in your Serviio computer, you should be able to get quite far after 4-5 minutes.

I found that the TV doesn't like VC-1 video, nor the WTV container. WMV videos also require transcoding. But again, fast forward works for all of them. However, resume isn't available for any video, even if transcoding isn't necessary. That seems to be a Samsung issue.

However, compared to my JU7100 it is playing videos from my server far better. My first choice is to still use either my Roku Ultra or Nvidia Shield for playback. The Samsung NU user interface is still just as lousy as it is in my JU series.

I will provide this profile to Zip for inclusion in the next Serviio release. In the meantime you can use this user profile file and select the Samsung TV (NU Series) profile.
user-profiles.xml

when will the next release for synology ds214play including this new samsung NU profile be released?
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:09 pm

Uran255 wrote:
when will the next release for synology ds214play including this new samsung NU profile be released?

I've given this new profile to Zip, but I have no idea when the next Serviio update will be released. He doesn't have a beta under test at this time.
Dan

<<

MonaxDK

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:19 pm

atc98092 wrote:OK, uncovered something completely unexpected. I tested the NU7100 with the Roku TV profile, expecting trick play to work. Surprise, no FF. OK, that's what some of you had reported. However, when I changed the destination container to MPEGTS, voila, fast forward!

user-profiles.xml

Hi
I tried your profile on samsung UE55NU7402 - it does not transcode DTS sound track. The only profile that seems to work fine on my TV is "Roku TV (non 4k)". Also, unlike many other profiles that I tried, this one produces good quality sound when transcoding (mostly in other profiles the quality is just awful). Is it possible to make changes to the NU profile so that it transcodes DTS and produces good quality sound?

UPD
the Roku TV (non 4k) profile does not transcode the Xvid codec in old videos, so I can’t say that everything works with it.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:48 am

MonaxDK wrote:Hi
I tried your profile on samsung UE55NU7402 - it does not transcode DTS sound track. The only profile that seems to work fine on my TV is "Roku TV (non 4k)". Also, unlike many other profiles that I tried, this one produces good quality sound when transcoding (mostly in other profiles the quality is just awful). Is it possible to make changes to the NU profile so that it transcodes DTS and produces good quality sound?

UPD
the Roku TV (non 4k) profile does not transcode the Xvid codec in old videos, so I can’t say that everything works with it.

You are correct that the NU profile I created does not capture standard DTS. I thought I had tested a file with that codec and the TV passed it through to my AVR. But I didn't test it to see if the TV could play it through it's speakers. I'll update the profile and send it to Zip for the next version, but I have no idea when that is coming out. Right now I have audio only codec captures for H.264 and H.265 video. Are your DTS files using one of those, or is it a different video codec? I try real hard to make a profile transcode as little as possible, so I'd like to know exactly what needs to be captured.

I didn't include the Xvid codec in any of the Roku profiles as I have no such files to test, and honestly didn't occur to me that there might still be some out there. I just checked the Serviio configuration guidelines, and there's no codec with that name listed. I don't know if Xvid identifies itself with a different name, so I'll need someone to provide the media info for a file to see. It's possible that I can't capture that particular codec for transcoding. The Xvid.com web site says it's a form of MP-4, but obviously doesn't play back the same. I need to know how FFMPEG identifies the codec to know if I can match it in the profile. See the link in my sig line to see how to get that info from one of your files.
Dan

<<

MonaxDK

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:35 pm

My files use the x.264 codec for video and DTS for the audio track in the MKV container.
I also noticed a bug (or is it a feature?) - the file names that I see on TV have a second extension, like Avengers.mkv.mkv. I can not understand why this happens.

This file plays perfectly on "Roku TV (non 4k)" profile and not plays on NU profile
Here is the file info

Code:
General
Unique ID                                : 214349376391736190110962575645567139257 (0xA142303180CBD4A9B627C7C57F30BDB9)
Complete name                            : \\Storage\hdd2\Avengers - Age of Ultron.mkv
Format                                   : Matroska
Format version                           : Version 4
File size                                : 13.3 GiB
Duration                                 : 2 h 21 min
Overall bit rate                         : 13.4 Mb/s
Encoded date                             : UTC 2016-01-26 00:07:02
Writing application                      : mkvmerge v7.8.0 ('River Man') 64bit built on Mar 27 2015 16:31:37
Writing library                          : libebml v1.3.1 + libmatroska v1.4.2

Video
ID                                       : 1
Format                                   : AVC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                           : High@L4.1
Format settings                          : CABAC / 5 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC                   : Yes
Format settings, Reference frames        : 5 frames
Format settings, GOP                     : M=1, N=3
Codec ID                                 : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Bit rate                                 : 10.4 Mb/s
Width                                    : 1 920 pixels
Height                                   : 804 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 2.40:1
Frame rate mode                          : Constant
Frame rate                               : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Scan type                                : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.281
Stream size                              : 10.3 GiB (77%)
Writing library                          : x264 core 146 r2538 121396c
Encoding settings                        : cabac=1 / ref=5 / deblock=1:-3:-2 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=umh / subme=11 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=32 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=12 / lookahead_threads=1 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=11 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=2 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=240 / keyint_min=23 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=10400 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / vbv_maxrate=62500 / vbv_bufsize=78125 / nal_hrd=none / filler=0 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
Language                                 : English
Default                                  : Yes
Forced                                   : No

Audio #1
ID                                       : 2
Format                                   : DTS
Format/Info                              : Digital Theater Systems
Codec ID                                 : A_DTS
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Bit rate                                 : 1 509 kb/s
Channel(s)                               : 6 channels
Channel layout                           : C L R Ls Rs LFE
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate                               : 93.750 FPS (512 SPF)
Bit depth                                : 24 bits
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Stream size                              : 1.49 GiB (11%)
Language                                 : Ukrainian

Audio #2
ID                                       : 3
Default                                  : No

Text #1
ID                                       : 4
Format                                   : UTF-8
Codec ID                                 : S_TEXT/UTF8
Codec ID/Info                            : UTF-8 Plain Text
Duration                                 : 2 h 20 min
Bit rate                                 : 80 b/s
Count of elements                        : 1877
Stream size                              : 82.5 KiB (0%)

Text #2
ID                                       : 5
Duration                                 : 2 h 12 min
Bit rate                                 : 61 b/s
Count of elements                        : 2156
Stream size                              : 59.8 KiB (0%)

And short sample of the file https://dropmefiles.com/ywWCu

Here are two files that do not play at all.

Code:
General
Unique ID                                : 288597553071254291873204709478640482484 (0xD91DDDEF5DA109DBA6FBECC1E66978B4)
Complete name                            : D:\1\Wallace and Gromit-001.mkv
File size                                : 13.0 MiB
Duration                                 : 1 min 40 s
Overall bit rate mode                    : Variable
Overall bit rate                         : 1 091 kb/s
Encoded date                             : UTC 2020-01-28 18:01:12
Writing application                      : mkvmerge v41.0.0 ('Smarra') 64-bit
Writing library                          : libebml v1.3.9 + libmatroska v1.5.2

Video
Format                                   : MPEG-4 Visual
Codec ID                                 : V_MS/VFW/FOURCC / DIV3
Codec ID/Hint                            : DivX 3 Low
Bit rate                                 : 953 kb/s
Width                                    : 480 pixels
Height                                   : 352 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 4:3
Frame rate mode                          : Variable
Frame rate                               : 29.292 FPS
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.193
Stream size                              : 11.4 MiB (87%)

Audio
Format                                   : MPEG Audio
Format version                           : Version 1
Format profile                           : Layer 3
Format settings                          : Joint stereo
Codec ID                                 : A_MPEG/L3
Codec ID/Hint                            : MP3
Bit rate mode                            : Variable
Bit rate                                 : 134 kb/s
Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
Sampling rate                            : 44.1 kHz
Frame rate                               : 38.281 FPS (1152 SPF)
Stream size                              : 78.2 MiB
Writing library                          : LAME3.92
Encoding settings                        : -m j -V 4 -q 2 -lowpass 16 --abr 134

Short sample file https://dropmefiles.com/2BIFA

Code:
General
Unique ID                                : 94697377685888783347227280952758019862 (0x473E0D315562E5EE8B3F3BDBD546A716)
Complete name                            : D:\2\Third planet-002.mkv
File size                                : 26.9 MiB
Overall bit rate                         : 2 246 kb/s
Encoded date                             : UTC 2020-01-28 18:02:13

Video
Format profile                           : Advanced Simple@L5
Format settings                          : BVOP2
Format settings, BVOP                    : 2
Format settings, QPel                    : No
Format settings, GMC                     : No warppoints
Format settings, Matrix                  : Default (H.263)
Muxing mode                              : Packed bitstream
Codec ID                                 : V_MS/VFW/FOURCC / XVID
Codec ID/Hint                            : XviD
Bit rate                                 : 1 797 kb/s
Width                                    : 720 pixels
Height                                   : 544 pixels
Frame rate                               : 25.000 FPS
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.183
Stream size                              : 21.5 MiB (80%)
Writing library                          : XviD 1.2.1 (UTC 2008-12-04)
Language                                 : Russian

Audio
Format                                   : AC-3
Format/Info                              : Audio Coding 3
Commercial name                          : Dolby Digital
Codec ID                                 : A_AC3
Bit rate                                 : 448 kb/s
Channel layout                           : L R C LFE Ls Rs
Frame rate                               : 31.250 FPS (1536 SPF)
Delay relative to video                  : 19 ms
Stream size                              : 5.37 MiB (20%)
Service kind                             : Complete Main

Short sample https://dropmefiles.com/acQpi

It would be great if the NU profile could play all this. It is also interesting why on Roku TV profile the sound quality (when transcoding from DTS) is noticeably better than on the others.
If you do not mind, you can post the corrected profile, and I could test it and write here about the results. Thank you
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:57 pm

MonaxDK wrote:My files use the x.264 codec for video and DTS for the audio track in the MKV container.
I also noticed a bug (or is it a feature?) - the file names that I see on TV have a second extension, like Avengers.mkv.mkv. I can not understand why this happens.

This file plays perfectly on "Roku TV (non 4k)" profile and not plays on NU profile
Here is the file info

Code:
General
Unique ID                                : 214349376391736190110962575645567139257 (0xA142303180CBD4A9B627C7C57F30BDB9)
Complete name                            : \\Storage\hdd2\Avengers - Age of Ultron.mkv
File size                                : 13.3 GiB
Overall bit rate                         : 13.4 Mb/s
Encoded date                             : UTC 2016-01-26 00:07:02
Writing application                      : mkvmerge v7.8.0 ('River Man') 64bit built on Mar 27 2015 16:31:37
Writing library                          : libebml v1.3.1 + libmatroska v1.4.2

Video
Format                                   : AVC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                           : High@L4.1
Format settings                          : CABAC / 5 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC                   : Yes
Format settings, Reference frames        : 5 frames
Format settings, GOP                     : M=1, N=3
Codec ID                                 : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Bit rate                                 : 10.4 Mb/s
Width                                    : 1 920 pixels
Height                                   : 804 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 2.40:1
Frame rate                               : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.281
Stream size                              : 10.3 GiB (77%)
Writing library                          : x264 core 146 r2538 121396c
Encoding settings                        : cabac=1 / ref=5 / deblock=1:-3:-2 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=umh / subme=11 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=32 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=12 / lookahead_threads=1 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=11 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=2 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=240 / keyint_min=23 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=10400 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / vbv_maxrate=62500 / vbv_bufsize=78125 / nal_hrd=none / filler=0 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00

Audio #1

Audio #2
ID                                       : 3

Text #1
ID                                       : 4
Duration                                 : 2 h 20 min
Bit rate                                 : 80 b/s
Count of elements                        : 1877
Stream size                              : 82.5 KiB (0%)

Text #2
ID                                       : 5
Duration                                 : 2 h 12 min
Bit rate                                 : 61 b/s
Count of elements                        : 2156
Stream size                              : 59.8 KiB (0%)

And short sample of the file https://dropmefiles.com/ywWCu

Here are two files that do not play at all.

Code:
General
Unique ID                                : 288597553071254291873204709478640482484 (0xD91DDDEF5DA109DBA6FBECC1E66978B4)
Complete name                            : D:\1\Wallace and Gromit-001.mkv
File size                                : 13.0 MiB
Overall bit rate mode                    : Variable
Overall bit rate                         : 1 091 kb/s
Encoded date                             : UTC 2020-01-28 18:01:12

Video
Codec ID                                 : V_MS/VFW/FOURCC / DIV3
Codec ID/Hint                            : DivX 3 Low
Bit rate                                 : 953 kb/s
Width                                    : 480 pixels
Height                                   : 352 pixels
Frame rate mode                          : Variable
Frame rate                               : 29.292 FPS
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.193
Stream size                              : 11.4 MiB (87%)

Audio
Format                                   : MPEG Audio
Format version                           : Version 1
Format profile                           : Layer 3
Format settings                          : Joint stereo
Codec ID                                 : A_MPEG/L3
Codec ID/Hint                            : MP3
Bit rate mode                            : Variable
Bit rate                                 : 134 kb/s
Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
Sampling rate                            : 44.1 kHz
Frame rate                               : 38.281 FPS (1152 SPF)
Stream size                              : 78.2 MiB
Writing library                          : LAME3.92
Encoding settings                        : -m j -V 4 -q 2 -lowpass 16 --abr 134

Short sample file https://dropmefiles.com/2BIFA

Code:
General
Unique ID                                : 94697377685888783347227280952758019862 (0x473E0D315562E5EE8B3F3BDBD546A716)
Complete name                            : D:\2\Third planet-002.mkv
File size                                : 26.9 MiB
Overall bit rate                         : 2 246 kb/s
Encoded date                             : UTC 2020-01-28 18:02:13

Video
Format profile                           : Advanced Simple@L5
Format settings                          : BVOP2
Format settings, BVOP                    : 2
Format settings, QPel                    : No
Format settings, GMC                     : No warppoints
Format settings, Matrix                  : Default (H.263)
Muxing mode                              : Packed bitstream
Codec ID                                 : V_MS/VFW/FOURCC / XVID
Codec ID/Hint                            : XviD
Bit rate                                 : 1 797 kb/s
Width                                    : 720 pixels
Height                                   : 544 pixels
Frame rate                               : 25.000 FPS
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.183
Stream size                              : 21.5 MiB (80%)
Writing library                          : XviD 1.2.1 (UTC 2008-12-04)

Audio
Format                                   : AC-3
Format/Info                              : Audio Coding 3
Commercial name                          : Dolby Digital
Codec ID                                 : A_AC3
Bit rate                                 : 448 kb/s
Channel layout                           : L R C LFE Ls Rs
Frame rate                               : 31.250 FPS (1536 SPF)
Delay relative to video                  : 19 ms
Stream size                              : 5.37 MiB (20%)
Service kind                             : Complete Main

Short sample https://dropmefiles.com/acQpi

It would be great if the NU profile could play all this. It is also interesting why on Roku TV profile the sound quality (when transcoding from DTS) is noticeably better than on the others.
If you do not mind, you can post the corrected profile, and I could test it and write here about the results. Thank you

Great work. I'll need @Zip to offer a suggestion about matching this codec. I'll look it over when I get home this evening. Thanks for the samples!
Dan

<<

MonaxDK

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:36 pm

Hi
Any news on the profile?
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:11 pm

MonaxDK wrote:Hi
Any news on the profile?

I still need advice from Zip on how to identify that codec in the Matches line.
Dan

<<

MonaxDK

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:10 pm

Oh, support for these legacy formats would be great, but it's not necessary. In fact, video in such formats is very rare. Could you please post a profile with support for DTS transcoding, this is actually much more important :)
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:16 pm

Zip has offered me a suggestion, so I'll look at it this evening and see what I can do. I'll download those samples you offered to test with. Fixing the DTS won't be an issue.
Dan

<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:16 am

atc98092 wrote:Zip has offered me a suggestion, so I'll look at it this evening and see what I can do. I'll download those samples you offered to test with. Fixing the DTS won't be an issue.

UPDATE: I have the DTS audio now transcoded to AC3. I decided to match it with a line that doesn't do any video transcoding, since it's almost certain it will be a DVD rip, which is always MPEG2 and the TV supports that. And I have the first file (Wallace and Gromit) playable. "Third Planet" is still failing for some reason, so still working on it. What's really strange is that I can play both clips with my Shield (no transcoding at all) but neither have audio. Since the Shield can play virtually anything, this surprised me. But especially since the second video has AC3 audio, which should cause no problem with virtually any device at all.

UPDATE 2: OK, by matching MPEG4 video it now works with both clips. Revised user profile attached, and it will be contained in the next Serviio release.
Attachments
user-profiles.xml
(2.44 KiB) Downloaded 853 times
Dan

PreviousNext

Return to Samsung