FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Server not launching properly?

<<

roginlon

Serviio newbie

Post Tue May 31, 2011 10:40 pm

Server not launching properly?

I have just installed Serviio 0.5.2 and installed it on a Mac running OS X 10.6.7. When I launch Server, it bounces in the dock without the blue dot appearing and when I right-click, the status is not responding. However, when I launch Console, it says that the Server is running.

I can add folders on my NAS-HDD in Console and I can see the folder on my Samsung TV with the BD-D8900M Blu-Ray Player when selecting AllShare Serviio as source, but I can not see the video files contained in the folder.

I have re-downloaded and reinstalled the software without improvement. I am confused about where to start the troubleshooting since OS X says Server is not running while Console says it is and I can see a folder deep in the structure on my NAS, but not the files in that folder.

What are the next steps I should take? :? :? :?
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Tue May 31, 2011 10:55 pm

Re: Server not launching properly?

That is a normal behaviour. It might take some time to index the files. You can check the log to see what files have been added.
<<

roginlon

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:31 am

Thanks for a quick reply. Is it normal behaviour that the Server is in a non-responsive state as well as it taking some time before the files show up on the TV-side?
<<

zip

Post Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:58 am

Yes to the first, the second depends on the size of your library. If you have a shared music folder as well and it is indexing it first you have to wait for all the music to be indexed before it starts indexing any other folders.
<<

roginlon

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:40 pm

Great. I just left it on this morning when I left home so hopefully it will all be ok tonight then. It really is excellent that you have put together this software and I look forward to using it when I get it up and running properly (at which time I will also make a donation). Thank you.
<<

roginlon

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:26 pm

Have now got it to work with a local folder on my hard disk and the sever application is no longer non-responsive.

However, it still does not work with a folder on my NAS. Maybe I am not getting the path right. Is it correct if I right-click on the NAS folder and do Get Info and simply copy the server path (starting with afp://) that it shows, or do I need to use anything else?
<<

zip

Post Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:28 pm

Don't think that is right (I'm not a Mac user mind you). It should be something like /Volumes/xxx for example. Something you can 'cd' to in Terminal.
<<

erin.sutley

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:26 am

I installed Serviio (0.5.2) on my Mac (OSX 10.6.8) a couple of days ago and I noticed that I had the same issue that the serviio.app would not respond. I left it open as it says that I should, but I have left for over 24 hours and there is still no change. And when I check the log the last thing is has is the following line:

2011-06-29 02:18:45,503 INFO [LibraryUpdatesCheckerThread] Started looking for updates to currently shared files

Does anyone know what I can do to get this working?

Thanks
<<

zip

Post Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:29 am

That's expected. Serviio.app is the server itself, Serviio-Console.app is the configuration console (use that to add shared folders)

Return to Samsung