FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Samsung set up used to work but not anymore

<<

xml511

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:17 pm

Samsung set up used to work but not anymore

Hi all,

My setup on my Samsung TV UE70KU6000 used to work up until I had to use an extra router. I need this router for my cctv setup to be able to stream online.
I've drawn a diagram to hopefully explain this better. I use a Devlo powerlan to route into other rooms in my house. Since I used to the TP Link N600 router in route mode I can't see the PC with Serviio on the Samsung menu.

Can anyone offer any help?
<<

Meelis

DLNA master

Post Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:04 pm

Re: Samsung set up used to work but not anymore

Your TP Link N600 must work as switch not as router. It means no wires connected to WAN port there and all wires must be in yellow plugs. If it works at the moment as router then probably your tv and serviio server are in different networks.
For example next to tv i see you have modem what means its a DHCP for your network. And probably your network is 192.168.1.xxx
If from modem goes connection to your TP Link N600 WAN port then your TP link is setup as second network with address 192.168.2.xxx It means there also DHCP enabled. In that case your server and tv in different networks and it wont work.
<<

xml511

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:58 pm

Meelis wrote:Your TP Link N600 must work as switch not as router. It means no wires connected to WAN port there and all wires must be in yellow plugs. If it works at the moment as router then probably your tv and serviio server are in different networks.
For example next to tv i see you have modem what means its a DHCP for your network. And probably your network is 192.168.1.xxx
If from modem goes connection to your TP Link N600 WAN port then your TP link is setup as second network with address 192.168.2.xxx It means there also DHCP enabled. In that case your server and tv in different networks and it wont work.

Hi thanks for the reply,

I set the TP Link router to Access Point mode, so that the Devlo adapter feeds the internet to it, if that makes sense?

Does that mean I have to disable DHCP on the TP Link router (and set a static IP for the TP Link router)?

The one in port 4 is the devlo adapter. That's in the right place yes?
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:52 pm

If you're using it as a WAP, then yes DHCP server needs to be disabled and you need a static IP address on it. Depending on the user interface for making it a WAP, it might have turned the DHCP server off itself. But I strongly recommend a static IP address on it.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

xml511

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:20 am

atc98092 wrote:If you're using it as a WAP, then yes DHCP server needs to be disabled and you need a static IP address on it. Depending on the user interface for making it a WAP, it might have turned the DHCP server off itself. But I strongly recommend a static IP address on it.

Hi Dan

Thanks for the reply, do I set the static IP on the TP Link or the main internet router?
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:31 pm

xml511 wrote:
atc98092 wrote:If you're using it as a WAP, then yes DHCP server needs to be disabled and you need a static IP address on it. Depending on the user interface for making it a WAP, it might have turned the DHCP server off itself. But I strongly recommend a static IP address on it.

Hi Dan

Thanks for the reply, do I set the static IP on the TP Link or the main internet router?

On the box you are using as the WAP. So yes, the TP-Link. Your main Internet router already has a static IP.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Samsung