FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio component freezed on TV Samsung

<<

philou7691

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:57 pm

Serviio component freezed on TV Samsung

Hi
I use Serviio Server for more than 2 years now, and it worked great.. ;)

But yesterday the component on my TV (SAMSUNG UE50KU6070 4K UHD) stopped to work : nothing was done on my server (no changes on my PC)
The serviio component started, and freezed before accessing to the first menu (where you choose Video/Music/Photos) : the "circle" icone is freezed, nothing move, nothing change
I stopped and re started the serviio server : no changes
I re started the TV : no change, the serviio component don't seem to re start > I always see the same screen
I unplugged the electric plug from my TV and waited 10s : nothing changed
I unplugged the electric plug from my TV and waited 2mn : nothing changed
I waited one night : nothing changed

I access the serviio server, and I am able to read films from my smartphone : so it does'nt seem to be a "server" issue

Please, anyone can help ?
Is there a way to restart this DLNA component ?

Many thans in advance
Regards
Phil
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:40 pm

Re: Serviio component freezed on TV Samsung

My personal opinion is to use something different than the TV interface for watching your media. Samsung has terrible DLNA support, and it just seems to be getting worse. They probably released an update to your TV that is causing the problem. I've attempted to work with their support in the past, but gave up long ago. Instead, I use Blu Ray players, Roku players, or the Nvidia Shield to play my media. Other than testing my latest TV purchase just to see if they'd made any improvements in their player interface (they haven't), I never use the TV as the player. I like Samsung, and have three of their TVs. But their DLNA functionality is terrible.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Samsung