FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

D5520 transcoding issue

<<

psiho

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:59 pm

Re: D5520 transcoding issue

test done with a bit unexpected results. FIrst, I tried playing with ffmpeg command in dos prompt and decreased output bitrate and video size. To my surprise, fps havent' changed considerably and even were worse with smaller video sizes.

Then I tried just adding maxVBitrate="64" to my profile and it worked!

However, since that does not really increase fps I tested further... I tried increasing maxVBitrate. 1024, 4096, and finaly 8192 which is more than original movie. I was surprised that ALL worked. It was more interruptions as maxVBitrate increased but there was no error on my tv. Also, I noticed that when my D5520 runs "out of stream data" it displayes "loading" in top-right corner of the screen so again, it does not report error.

So, I guess this prooves my server is too weak after all, but possibly there are impoovements to make anyway? I checked ffmpeg command in detailed log to compare difference with and without maxVBitrate used. -b setting and -maxrate are what I expected butthere is also -bufsize. Can it be that this buffer size is what helps my tv to avoid error? Can it also be used without maxVBitrate setting in profile? Can it be increased?

I guess this might help play some border-line cases.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:58 am

the buffer setting is only used when using maxvbitrate as well
<<

psiho

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:35 am

ok, then I guess we can consider this issue solved. We can conlcude issue was in slow transcoding server and partial workarround can be using maxVbitrate in profile.
Previous

Return to Samsung