FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Device profile to prefer a specific audio stream

<<

josch.hh

Serviio lover

Post Thu May 07, 2020 8:14 pm

Device profile to prefer a specific audio stream

Hi,
is there a way to define inside a device profile to prefer a specific audio stream inside a video container to send to the TV?
I have mkv files with DTS and AC3 inside and i want to select in a user profile the audio stream AC3 as preferred stream .
Thanks in advance.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri May 08, 2020 12:34 am

Re: Device profile to prefer a specific audio stream

No, that is not something that can be assigned from the profile. Honestly, I'm not sure it could be done, at least without a huge amount of effort. I believe the problem would be identifying the correct audio stream. Depending on the media, say for example a ripped Blu Ray or DVD movie, there might be anywhere from two to 8 audio tracks, and most of them are probably DD/AC3.

If your player supports selecting the audio track, simply make sure you've checked the box in the Serviio console to "Include all available audio tracks". However, not all players support changing the audio track. You have another option, but it is a bit labor intensive. You can use a program like TsMuxeR and reorder your audio tracks, and set the desired track as the default #1 track. Since it's not transcoding anything, it's quite fast. But it does take a little time to load each video and make the changes before hitting start. Perhaps 10 minutes for a full length movie. But it's something that only has to be done once.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Samsung