FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio not visible on Samsung D8000

<<

substah

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:53 pm

Serviio not visible on Samsung D8000

So I've just gotten my new tv here and we are starting to set things up. As usual the original windows crap doesn't work so I browsed the web for a replacement. I find Serviio, download it, install it and it works great. From the start. Though when I was gonna check it later in the evening, the Serviio wasnt visible in the source list. I tried rebooting the computer, but nothing happened. I triend removing and then adding the IP in the console, but it still didnt show on the tv. I can't recall making any changes in the console, but if i did, they sure weren't any changes that I thought could affect the connection or whatever.

Any help, please?
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: Serviio not visible on Samsung D8000

a couple of things to check. Make sure that the IP addresses have not changed on your TV or computer. Make sure that the IP address that serviio is bound to is the one that is connected to the network used by the tv and computer. I would also restart your router. I restart mine everyday.

Post your serviio.log file.

You did not say what OS you are on, but check your ports to make sure they are still open.
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:13 pm

moltra wrote:a couple of things to check. Make sure that the IP addresses have not changed on your TV or computer. Make sure that the IP address that serviio is bound to is the one that is connected to the network used by the tv and computer. I would also restart your router. I restart mine everyday.

Post your serviio.log file.

You did not say what OS you are on, but check your ports to make sure they are still open.

Detailed log file please :)
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

substah

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:15 pm

Im running Windows 7.

I just bound IP's to the TV and to my computer, and I tried using the specified ones but Serviio still doesn't show in the TV. I tried installing Serviio on my laptop aswell. It automatically detected the TV and the IP that was set for it and the connection was active, but I couldnt see it as a source on the TV. Abit later on a small box appeared saying that a Serviio DLNA server was found and connected to, but I couldnt connect to it when I pressed it in the source tab.

I've attached my log file here, would appreciate if you could take a look at it.

Thanks
Attachments
serviio.log
(132.95 KiB) Downloaded 352 times
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:39 pm

serviio is recognizing your PS51D8000 on 192.168.2.3 and that your computer is 192.168.1.11. But it is also finding a render on 192.168.1.11? Did you disable the windows 7 DLNA server?

Make sure your ports are open by running the command below at a command prompt.

Code:
netstat -an |find /i "listening"

Look at this page to disable the windows 7 media streamer

http://www.mydigitallife.info/how-to-disable-windows-7-media-player-network-sharing-service-wmpnetwk/
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
<<

substah

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:12 pm

moltra wrote:serviio is recognizing your PS51D8000 on 192.168.2.3

Im guessing you meant 192.168.1.3 , and yes, that is the set IP of the PS51D8000. What you you mean by a render on 192.168.1.11? It's the computer that are running Serviio by the way.

I've restarted the router, set the IP's, disabled W7 Media player thingy, checked the ports and tripplechecked the IP's.

Im thinking trying to reinstall, since I once saw Serviio on the source list on the TV and was able to play the files. Do you guys have any suggestion?
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:08 pm

substah wrote:
moltra wrote:serviio is recognizing your PS51D8000 on 192.168.2.3

Im guessing you meant 192.168.1.3 , and yes, that is the set IP of the PS51D8000. What you you mean by a render on 192.168.1.11? It's the computer that are running Serviio by the way.

I've restarted the router, set the IP's, disabled W7 Media player thingy, checked the ports and tripplechecked the IP's.

Im thinking trying to reinstall, since I once saw Serviio on the source list on the TV and was able to play the files. Do you guys have any suggestion?

seeing a renderer on the ip of the windows pc running serviio is normal that is just window media player, and can be ignored.

i have a feeling it your router thats the issue so can you try the 2 tests below for me please.

1. ok so in serviio console you have the BOUND IP field set to 192.168.1.11 now restart teh pc running serviio and your router. is serviio now found by the TV?

2. can you run a test for me and plug the pc directly to the TV via network cable (not through the router ) you will need to do this with NO bound ip set in console. is serviio now found by the TV?
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

substah

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:12 am

Just rebooted my computer this morning, and the TV just found Serviio. Im guessing 25th time's a charm...

Anyways, thanks for helping, might have been one of your tips that fixed it. Greatly appreciate it!
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:44 pm

substah wrote:Just rebooted my computer this morning, and the TV just found Serviio. Im guessing 25th time's a charm...

Anyways, thanks for helping, might have been one of your tips that fixed it. Greatly appreciate it!

yes i have found sometime after doing changes we suggest that it still doesnt work until pc is restaarted because when you restart the serviio SERVICE is completely restarted to be nature and then it takes any changes made to the settings :)
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Return to Samsung