FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Nothing showing up on BD-C6500 player

<<

nachomama

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:15 am

Nothing showing up on BD-C6500 player

I followed the instructions for installing the software according to the website. I inputed the IP for the dvd player in the render list and selected the Samsung player profile. I put the IP address of my mac in the network settings. I am running Java 6. I then go to the blu-ray player and none of my shared folders shows up when I select video, or music, or pictures on the blu-ray. No other device shows up on the blu-ray when I select "show devices" on the blu-ray.

My setup is:
Macbook pro running 10.6.8
I've disabled the firewall and antivirus on my mac
mac ip address is 192.168.0.100
Samsung blu-ray player BD-C6500
blu-ray IP adress 192.168.0.104
Dlink DIR-825 router with static IP set for mac and blu-ray
I've temporarily disabled the firewall on the router to see if I could get this working

I would submit a log file but the instructions you have posted don't work for a mac.

Any help would be appreciated!
Last edited by nachomama on Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Illico

DLNA master

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:36 am

Re: Nothing showing up on BD-C6500 player

Do you add folder path on the Serviio Console Library Tab ?
Illico
Sony 2010 KDL-46EX501 | BDP-S373 | SMP-N100 | Windows 8-i7 | Network DD HD-CE1.5TLU2 | Livebox2-UHD86 | ServiiDroid | ServiiGo | BubbleUPnP
Serviio beta tester - Moderator
<<

nachomama

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:44 pm

I used the "add local" under the library tab to add my music and movie folders on my mac.

I'm not sure if it has to do with my settings on the mac or something to do with the bluray player. On the mac, I have sharing enabled using AFP and SMB and have allowed my music and movie folders to be shared.

My bluray network settings are:

access point: my wireless network (ssid and password)
internet protocal setup: auto
IP address: static IP for the bluray 192.186.0.104
subnet mask: same as router 255.255.255.0
gateway: IP address of router 192.168.0.1
DNS: auto
DNS server: IP address of router 192.186.0.1

I thought maybe the problem was that I should point the network settings on the bluray to the computer instead of the router but I had no luck, but then again I didn't know what to put in some of the fields for the computer i.e network name, password, subnet mask and dns server.

IS there a certain order you need to turn these things on and off? Does anything need to be rebooted?
<<

nachomama

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:42 pm

UPDATE:

I went back to the sharing settings on the mac and created a user called "dvd" and a password. I then went back to the bluray and added a network manually called "dvd", said it was a "shared" network from the security option, and then entered the password for the "dvd" user. After setting this up, I got a message saying "physical connection established but cannot connect to". The rest of the message didn't show up on the screen.

I tried several variations for the IP addresses in the "IP", "gateway", and "DNS" fields but kept the subnet at 255.255.255.0. When I ran the network test the bluray would say the mac address and IP were okay but that the gateway was incorrect.

Seems like I'm getting closer but not being able to see the rest of the message isn't helping.

Return to Samsung