FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

QN55Q6DRAFXZA

<<

tmosey

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:30 pm

QN55Q6DRAFXZA

I have been using the samsung QN55Q6DRAFXZA for awhile now, and have not been able to get it to recognize serviio. What would be the best way. currently am attempting bluetooth. Thank you!
<<

sutrus

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:46 pm

Re: QN55Q6DRAFXZA

Serviio is a DLNA server supporting 802.11 / Ethernet technology.
It therefore works with commonly connected devices to the local network.
Just connect your TV to your local network using a network cable or wifi.
Similarly, connect the Serviio server to your local network.
Last edited by sutrus on Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:20 pm

Re: QN55Q6DRAFXZA

Bluetooth is rarely used as a network access connection. It's designed as a point to point connection for remotes, sound devices, headphones, and such. It's not used to connect your TV to a network.

DLNA is a standard that runs over a standard IP network. Ethernet is the standard for a wired connection, while 802.11 is a wireless network standard used to connect devices to a wired network connection. Ethernet comes in various "flavors". Most all TVs and home devices with an Ethernet connection can connect at 100 Mbps (also known as Fast Ethernet). Most networking switches sold today will allow mixed speeds on connected devices, so your main home network could be Gigabit Ethernet (1000 Mbps), but will interface just fine with your Fast Ethernet TV or Blu Ray player.

DLNA will not work across different IP address ranges without significant effort to configure routing protocols, and also requires business grade network equipment. So the first thing is to ensure your devices are all connected on the same IP address range. Most home networks have IP address ranges that begin with 192.168.x.x. The third octal (the first x) needs to be the same number on all devices, and most home routers will assign a zero or one there. The last octal (the second x) has to be a unique number on every networked device. Usually your router will be assign .1 (as in 192.168.0.1) and the highest number that can be used is 254. If you have more than 254 devices on your network, you need some additional networking configuration (I won't go into that here).

Your Serviio machine (whether a computer, NAS or other networked device) usually should have a static IP address, so that it never changes. Your TV is usually fine with a dynamic address, but it's good to have your router configured to always assign the same IP address to devices that will be using Serviio, so that when you assign a profile in the Serviio console it doesn't get changed if the IP address changes.

How does your TV connect to your network? How does the Serviio machine connect? If either are on WiFi, make sure there's no security setting in your WiFi settings that block connected devices from seeing other devices on your network. If you're using a WiFi that's labeled "Guest" in any way, it probably has it turned on.

If both devices are wired, there should be no issue with your TV seeing Serviio. However, I always have to offer my opinion about Samsung DLNA support. As in it's terrible. The built in player on most TVs (I'm including Samsung, LG and Vizio from personal experience) is terrible, and provides nothing but the title and image of each video file. Something like a Roku or one of the Android TV based players offers a much better user experience, and a player like the Nvidia Shield plays everything without transcoding. I gave up using the TV players many years ago and have stuck with external players instead.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Samsung