FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Resume is not a profile issue, it's the Serviio Program

<<

eduardok

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:05 pm

Resume is not a profile issue, it's the Serviio Program

After extensive troubleshooting and testing I can now conclude the issue is not the Samsung Profiles, it is the Serviio Program. When I install 2.2.1 and do not create Users, and leave the Samsumg TV's unassigned Resume works 100%. If I create Users and try to assign a User to the Samsung TV's and Shared Libraries, resume will not work. When I remove Users, and select Unassign in the Samsung TV's, Resume works again.

I tried many DLNA servers and Serviio is the best for my purposes. However, Resume is an important feature for many people including myself. I hope this will be fixed in the next release.
<<

Godsbusy

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:41 pm

Re: Resume is not a profile issue, it's the Serviio Program

I am going to have to agree that this is a program and not a profile issue. Since updating to the new version, v2.3, I can no longer resume where I left off on any of my media. I have tried changing the profile to see if that was the cause, but no matter what Samsung profile I select, the media starts from the beginning when I go back to it.

Does anyone have a work around to this issue?
<<

eduardok

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:13 am

If you do not create users it works, at least that was the case prior to 2.3. The developer was aware of the issue and said it would be fixed in the next release. I assumed that would have been 2.3 but I guess that is not the case.
<<

Frank4711

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:45 pm

I can confirm the resume problem in 2.3 with a Samsung H-Series TV and the H-profile. I don't have created users.
Everything worked fine with the former versions.
<<

3zero2

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:01 pm

Confirmed here too. Resume does not work.

I am not using Users and it worked fine in previous versions.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:56 pm

Samsung support for DLNA has declined over the years. With each firmware update they seem to care less and less about it. Sony is the same way, removing the DTS lossless audio bitstreaming from their Blu Ray players. I haven't used a BD player for streaming in years, and I gave up using the TV's player interface long ago. While it requires a separate device, there's so many better options available today.

If you want a really inexpensive player, and aren't worried about lossless audio bitstreaming, the Onn 4K Streaming Media player is by far the best deal ($20). The problem right now is finding a Walmart with one in stock, as they don't seem to be available at any store. The next lowest cost would be a Roku (stay away from the cheap Express, but any other model, including the Express 4K+ is fine), Fire TV (Amazon) or many of the inexpensive Android based players are good. The best player app for the Android boxes is Kodi, but it's a bit of work to initially set up. But that's a one time effort. Apple TV is a good player, but getting more expensive. The best player under $200 is the Nvidia Shield. It's Android based, so Kodi works well on it (I have four of them)
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

eethom

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:08 pm

Yes I had the same issue with Version 2.3 with my Samsung TV - model: UE32F5500 using E/F Series profile. Never had issues with many of the previous versions I have used.

Solved by reverting back to v 2.2.1
<<

Freewind

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:42 am

I think there is something going on with bugfix 'fixed video resume not working when a device is assigned to a user; ticket #1180' in release 2.3.
Since version 2.3, it not possible -for me- anymore to resume with the free -version with Samsung C & E -series.
I have re-installed a new 'server' with 2.3, and the problem still exists.
I have re-installed a new 'server' wit 2.21, and the problem is gone. Resume does work again with Samsung C & E -series on Serviio 2.21.

I think a new bug is created, when an other bug was fixed with 2.3.
<<

Derleal

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:17 pm

I have the same issue, i returned to old version (2.2.1) but the resume cotinue not working. Anyone can help me?
<<

Dave400

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:23 pm

Just resurrecting this thread as have the same issue with profiles allocated on both F series and N series on both v2.2.1 and v2.3

Return to Samsung