FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Asus ac86u Samsung Q9 files no longer loading

<<

Lex

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:26 pm

Asus ac86u Samsung Q9 files no longer loading

Hi I recently upgraded my router. The media list loads fine but I have noticed a delay in the file loading screens before clicking any media. I’ve tried clicking about 7 different films/tv shows and it’s just a black screen with a circle lodging. It then says in unsupported feature. File not supported.

I’m assuming it’s the router as it as was working fine before. I have no idea what is causing it
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:06 pm

Re: Asus ac86u Samsung Q9 files no longer loading

Since Serviio is visible, then it's not a security setting that is blocking devices from seeing each other. I don't have an ASUS router, so not familiar with what settings it might have, but the first thing I'd look at are the security settings. I've looked at my Linksys router, and I don't see any settings that I changed from default. However, not all of my connected devices connect directly to my router, as I have two other network switches and an additional wireless access point, so not every device packet runs through the switch built into my router.

One thing that people have tried when they have issues with their router blocking access is to connect an Ethernet switch to the router, then connect all home devices to that switch. This takes the router completely out of the picture for wired devices talking to each other. However, if your Serviio computer or the TV is connected wirelessly, then it's still going through the router (assuming it's your only access point), so whatever is causing the issue might remain.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Lex

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:55 pm

Hi

Thanks for the response. I was hoping I didn’t have to but extra equipment to make serviio work. So far I can’t see any settings stopping this from working. I just don’t understand what is causing it

I haven’t tried reinstalling serviio yet so I might give that go. I was hoping someone might have come across a similar issues
<<

Lex

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:54 pm

Hi

Ok update

I’ve reinstalled serviio and put my virgin media router into modem mode. The files are working but it’s so slow to load a file. It took over a minute to load… I’ve also noticed that the subtitles no longer load automatically which was a pet peeve but something is different. I was sure I was on Samsung Nu profile.

I really need to get to the bottom of this because it’s annoying. Also the screen to navigate the files is slower. I get a slow delay and circle loading. My connection is good nearly 400mb
<<

Lex

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:16 pm

Ok I think I fixed it now for people having the same issue. I was on 5ghz and I needed to be on 2ghz. The navigation screen is lighting fast now. The loading is still a little slow but not a minute long. I still want to improve the load time. I’m curious how fast files load for everyone else? It’s about 10 seconds for me.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:40 pm

Strange. It shouldn't matter if one device is on 2.4 GHz and the other is on 5 GHz. But if that resolved it, that's great!
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

<<

Lex

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:06 pm

Yes I’m sure I’ve used both 2ghz and 5ghz on my tv before.

I’m still not happy about the delay when loading the media. It wasn’t like that before it’s normally fairly quick

I’m curious I’ve currently chosen Samsung Nu for the tv and my pc would you recommend a different profile?
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:11 pm

Serviio tries to load the most appropriate profile for the detected device, but it's all dependent on the way the profile identifies the supported device. I never could get the Roku profiles to correctly identify the player, so those must be set manually. Since there's no specific Samsung profile for your TV model, it's going to make a guess. But I'd absolutely see what was assigned, and potentially change it if a different profile works better.
Dan

<<

Lex

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:42 pm

Hi

I assume Nu is probably the best for my tv for resume play however what about the pc with the media on? When I installed serviio again it just chose the generic profile.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:14 pm

Yeah, sounds like you will need to assign the profile manually. When I wrote the NU profile, it (in theory) will only assign itself to an NU set. But I agree it's likely the correct profile to use. It's possible your TV is even more capable of the NU series, but it's unlikely you'd encounter any files that would play differently with a more specific profile.
Dan

<<

Lex

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:52 pm

I’ve just tested the connection out by using the Ethernet cable to my tv and router and it’s pretty much perfect. Loads in seconds. I tried 5ghz again and it’s slow and the files don’t load for over a minute. Why is this happening it doesn’t make sense. My router is pretty much next to my tv as well. My wifi connection is good. 5ghz on my iphone is 363mb download speed.

Stressing me out lol

Return to Samsung