FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Samsung QA75QN900C Unable to Find Any Folders or Files

<<

VBanything

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:46 am

Samsung QA75QN900C Unable to Find Any Folders or Files

Hi there Serviio Support and fellow Users,
I am a fan of your product at version 2.3 on Win10 and until recently had no problems DLNA movies through my wired cat6 network to view up to 4K movies without any issues and loving it.
After trial and error on my behalf, uninstall/ fresh install Serviio on my PC, reset MODEM, reset network switches, power off/on the TV through the remote, my Samsung QA75QN900CWXXY TV was still Unable to Find Any Folders or Files. However as part of my investigations and going briefly troppo I powered off/on my Samsung TV 1 connect box and full functionality returned.
Simplistically, one could say its an issue with my Samsung TV however I am hoping somebody has got some ideas to overcome this issue as switching of the 1 connect box behind the TV is a pain.
Yeah one could say its a first world problem but hopefully the issue could be corrected by an adjustment to setting(s) / configuaration is a better way.
At this stage I am unable to simulate or make the problem reappear at will.
I am unable to attribute the issue to any changes or actions to any equipment and or settings in recent times.
The TV and PC have the latest patches.
It may note of worth that when the issue appeared, I checked serviio functionality on another device (such as my Panasonic BRD player) on the same network and all was OK. This indicated to me an issue with my Samsung TV that lead me to power off/on my 1 connect box to restore all serviio functionality.
I appreciate any polite suggestions.
It may be the next time it goes belly up, I could run a debug program to log details to try and capture the event thereby ye boffins will say configure Serviio to do this instead of that.
Regards VB from down under, expecting 37C tomorrow so a freak'n hot one, some places out in the sticks 43C, they will be sinking some coldies there.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:14 am

Re: Samsung QA75QN900C Unable to Find Any Folders or Files

I have an older Samsung that also uses a version of the Connect One box. Any issue with that box is specific to the TV, and nothing we can suggest can make any difference. It's completely outside the realm of any external application having an effect on the problem.

It sounds like your Connect One box is having network connectivity issues. Other than trying a different Ethernet cable, I can't think of anything else that you could try. You could also try using WiFi instead of a wired connection. Odds are you can get a faster network connection with WiFi anyway, which would help with playing ripped 4K videos. Most consumer electronic devices (such as TVs and streaming players) only have a Fast Ethernet connector, which maxes out at about 93 Mbps. My ripped 4K movies have about 60-80 Mbps steady bitrates, but can peak at more than 150 Mbps. Fortunately my Nvidia Shield has Gigabit Ethernet, so it's fine on my wired network. But my Roku players connect via WiFi at more than double the wired speed.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Samsung