FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Samsung default source problem

<<

Doodles23

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:04 pm

Samsung default source problem

Does anyone know how to get my Samsung UN55d8000 to stop selecting "PC" as a source default? I press the "source" button on the remote again and again until the source select reaches "Serviio". Now if I don't press "enter" by 3 seconds the source will reset itself to "PC" and I'll have to start all over again. I don't even have anything connected to the PC port.
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:10 pm

Re: Samsung default source problem

You can disable the windows 7 DLNA server. That is what I do.
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:09 pm

moltra wrote:You can disable the windows 7 DLNA server. That is what I do.

thats not what he asking ;)

Doodles23 wrote:Does anyone know how to get my Samsung UN55d8000 to stop selecting "PC" as a source default? I press the "source" button on the remote again and again until the source select reaches "Serviio". Now if I don't press "enter" by 3 seconds the source will reset itself to "PC" and I'll have to start all over again. I don't even have anything connected to the PC port.

sound like a TV fault to me, if you havent got anything connected to that port, i would contact the HELL that is samsung support to solve this issue.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:49 pm

sorry thought you was talking about the source DLNA. I am guessing that the source is like the Input button on my Sanyo TV. I have HDMI1, HDMI2, HDMI3, AV1, AV2, AV3, cable, digital cable. I am only using 3 of them but I have to hit the input button once for each one until I get to the one I want. Some TV's have a setting in the TV menu to disable inputs, but not all Tv's do.
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:29 pm

moltra wrote:sorry thought you was talking about the source DLNA. I am guessing that the source is like the Input button on my Sanyo TV. I have HDMI1, HDMI2, HDMI3, AV1, AV2, AV3, cable, digital cable. I am only using 3 of them but I have to hit the input button once for each one until I get to the one I want. Some TV's have a setting in the TV menu to disable inputs, but not all Tv's do.

yep :) and samsung might ahve a disable ability but i dont think it does, but worth a look when i get home tomorrow, i will report back.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |

Return to Samsung