FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

bd 5300 allshare support?

<<

Mugwump

DLNA master

Post Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:01 pm

bd 5300 allshare support?

I just purchased an open box bd 5300 with all the bells and whistles except built in wifi. 75 canuck bucks 8-) Dirt cheap cause it was a clear out open box last years model. However it does not even show up with the upnp tools :? Serviio of course calls it a "generic dlna" so I have to reset it to either Samsung C/D or B series allshare to get it to do anything. It is rather difficult because Serviio does not understand which codecs need transcoding. Anyone else out there got one of these to recognise mp4 or m4v from serviio yet? It does mp3 of course but I cannot get it to play lpcm the way my C series led tv does :( Though it should. Just wish the clowns at samsung would include the free codecs like flac....but no they have to make Busy-Box linux kernel based firmware into a bastardised Linux windows media player zombie instead to please all the Windows 7 crowd. :roll: and pretend that there is no other content out there other than WMV and WMA or the AAC ever present ipod crap!

If someone could post a working /config/profiles.xml or help in figuring it out.... it would be much appreciated. I will try to find out which dlna.org settings are required and try to find a download of the opensource firmware ....as the device firmware is opensource. Apart from that at least there was a recent firmware update that did make things work really well with dlna speed for sending requests to a server and it does do .mpeg and jpeg or mp3 including streaming radio from the latest Serviio beta super fast so it is a keeper. 8-) Even though it will take some doing to profile it correctly for DLNA.
If it ain't broke....just let me have a crack at it!
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:00 pm

Re: bd 5300 allshare support?

post detailed log of when Serviio starts (and the player is on already), we should be able to autodetect this. Otherwise use the C/D profile.
<<

Mugwump

DLNA master

Post Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:24 pm

Re: bd 5300 allshare support?

zip wrote:post detailed log of when Serviio starts (and the player is on already), we should be able to autodetect this. Otherwise use the C/D profile.

Would it be better to clean out the other profiles that seem to hang around first? It shows up in Console as a new unknown device. Is it better to clean out /log and start from scratch so everything in the log and the Console is a new DEBUG?...By the way I just got it to show up with no device ID in the gupnp tools universal control point ...so I can see and post what it does to talk through my router. Another way might be to hook up directly to the device with cat 5 and see what it auto does directly to my laptop. I will set my laptop to go on the net only wlan0 and as a local use the eth0 to send a created subnet dhcp to the device...

I only have Windows7 pro on my other 'puter so I cannot test it out with Windows ...heck I can't afford to pay the ticket for Server 2008 ...though I know some guys who know some guys who do it for free :twisted: just I might have to go to a Doctor afterwards to get rid of the dose of clap that I am sure my Windows 7 install would get from their boot leg wares :lol:

Do you think this would be a better way to debug the traffic to the BD D5300 CX allshare? How do you find out which dlna.org profile it uses? Does the dlna.org profile info show up in the tools gui? And as what and where?

I will work on getting some good info in the next couple of days and post it to this forum as an attachment ...will take some time though.

I know this is a big hunk to chew on but the new D series net capable devices from Samsung are selling like hot cakes here and I guess elsewhere because they are really cheap compared to other devices from LG or Sony that do the same thing.
Samsung even seems to be keeping the firmware up to date...while just dropping updates for their 2 year old C series devices ...the jerks. I see that there is no software source for these devices as all they say is that they are JAVA powered not Busy-box...they do not even include the copy left for the zlib and other libs that they are most certainly still using any more so there is going to be blood on the floor all over the OSS world with these guys ....and soon.

Like I thought my poor 2 year old C series Busy-Box LED TV is being ignored but their flagship Allshare is being coddled. So debugging and setting a comprehensive profiles for their newer D series devices seems like a good idea :idea:
<<

Mugwump

DLNA master

Post Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:55 am

Got Flac trancoding but no streaming vid support at all yet!

here is the DEBUG after dumping the logs from previous....I have managed to gets things going with ffmpeg but am still having difficulties with video feeds the ffmpeg thumbs show up on the screen with the D series BD player but the associated vids just return a "not supported video data" message from the player and ffmpeg does not even launch to parse the incoming data from Youtube or CNN or wherever??? Attached is the latest logs parsing .ogg to lpcm (which now works) and trying to access content from youtube and CNN in just about any form of codec which does nothing other than correctly thumbnail to the allshare menus! So I know the content is there it just will not parse correctly for this player.

Update I noticed the upnp tools sees the device and correctly sees the naming data if I dig into what is coming from the TV...HOWEVER the initial profile info that identifies the device to a server or other device has binary data ...so the jerks are obscuring the device deliberately....so much for the concept of Digital Living Network Alliance ...Samsung is trying to make their stuff only work with their stuff ...Sounds like they are just copying the practices of other well known companies when it comes to interoperability! :cry:
Attachments
lagerbeerfor.zip
(189.99 KiB) Downloaded 248 times

Return to Samsung