FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Youtube Skipping

<<

fxandrei

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:30 pm

Youtube Skipping

Hy there again :).
I did a little search around the forum looking for some info regarding the posibility of skippind of youtube streams.
So i found this in a link

File Skipping
I have found that all files except mpegs (.mpg,.mpeg,.vob,.vro,.ts,.tp and .trp) will allow "skipping". Unbelievably the mpegs on the D series do not offer skipping when played over DLNA which I believe is a unique Samsung D series firmware bug in both the TV's and BR's because both the B and C series allow mpeg skipping. I have tried to raise this issue with Samsung in hopes of a future firmware fix. The significance of this is that no transcoded file can be skipped because they are all remuxed to an mpeg container. This is more fully detailed in viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2714 Others should raise this issue with Samsung in order to raise the fix priority.

Since all .flv files will be transcoded and not skip, my workaround for local flv files that I want to be able to skip is to preconvert avc.flv to avc.mkv and H263/VP6.flv to divx.avi using the attached "convert FLV.bat", which I offer as is. It will need to be set up to point at your Mediainfo_CLI.exe and ffmpeg.exe.

So im not really sure if i can do anything.
So here it goes: currently, is there any posibility to be able to skip youtube streams using the left and right arrows on my tv?
(Samsung UE37D5000)
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:38 pm

Re: Youtube Skipping

Online content in transcoded. The C & D series don't seem to work correctly with the way Serviio serves the transcoded files as it doesn't accept the provided file length and instead tries to work out the duration from bitrate. That wasn't the case on B series and ffwd/rev is working there.
<<

fxandrei

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:46 pm

So unless a firmware does something about this i cannot do anything right ?
<<

zip

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:47 pm

nope, unless you manage to find another server that shows the correct duration for a transcoded file on the TV
<<

fxandrei

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:11 am

In another server u mean something other than serviio ?
<<

zip

Post Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:17 am

yes

Return to Samsung