FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

problems with Samnsung blue ray player bd-d5700

<<

mirak51

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:58 am

problems with Samnsung blue ray player bd-d5700

:x I am using servio 6.2 which I understand supports vob file format but the BD-D5700 does not, so I can not view my movies because it continually buffers. I was reading in the docs that I can create a profile do you have any profile for the BD-D5700 I can use or any howto that I can read and use it? or an example for it.

Do you know of any issues?
I stream thru my BD, my TV is a HDTV Toshiba.

Thank you very much.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:27 am

Re: problems with Samnsung blue ray player bd-d5700

there is already a profile for the samsung BD as default in serviio just select that for your device in the console.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

mirak51

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:43 pm

Thank you very much for your reply, I went ahead and use the Samsung profile but still same issue it keeps buffering not as often as before but not gone.
If I convert the VOB files to MKV I have no problems at all it streams without any problems. In that respect the notion of having network problems is out of the question. Is there any profile more direct for my Blue Ray player that transcode and play VOB file format? because I still get the CODEC not supported.

I know that my BR player does not support VOB format but does support MKV.

Also how do I play the movies that shows the Play / Setup/ etc on the tv. If I press Play on the remote control it does not work I have to go to the next file in order to get the movie play.
Anyway my main issue is to get the VOB to play without any issues.
Thank you very much for your help.
Mario
<<

thingy

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:12 pm

Are you sure the computer have the nescessary cpu speed to transcode the file on the fly.
And the hdd are fast enough to read form original place, store in temp folder and read form temp folder, if you have multiple disks on serviio compuuter, try using a separate disk for the temp folder.

Return to Samsung