FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

TV does not see Serviio

<<

pingodoce

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:01 pm

TV does not see Serviio

I recently installed Serviio on my iMac which was connected to a WiFi modem via Airport then by WiFi to the Samsung UE37D6530 TV and it worked, but when trying to watch a movie it regularly kept stopping to buffer for several seconds, making it unwatchable. So I decided to replace Airport with an Ethernet cable between the iMac and router to see if it would prevent the buffering. At the same time I did a software update on the TV. Now the TV says "Device not Connected". I then deleted Serviio and downloaded the latest version and tried again, unsuccessfully. I then entered the iMac IP address, running Serviio, into the "Bound" box. The renderers are not automatically recognised and when I manually add the TV, it has a little red dot at the side of it. Can anyone help me please.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:48 pm

Re: TV does not see Serviio

pingodoce wrote:I recently installed Serviio on my iMac which was connected to a WiFi modem via Airport then by WiFi to the Samsung UE37D6530 TV and it worked, but when trying to watch a movie it regularly kept stopping to buffer for several seconds, making it unwatchable. So I decided to replace Airport with an Ethernet cable between the iMac and router to see if it would prevent the buffering. At the same time I did a software update on the TV. Now the TV says "Device not Connected". I then deleted Serviio and downloaded the latest version and tried again, unsuccessfully. I then entered the iMac IP address, running Serviio, into the "Bound" box. The renderers are not automatically recognised and when I manually add the TV, it has a little red dot at the side of it. Can anyone help me please.

set prefered/ reserved IP for all device on network ( from router)

make sure both TV and Imac are in same subnet. (if unsure list all your device and there ips here )
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

pingodoce

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:33 am

Thank you for your prompt response. I will try what you suggest.
<<

pingodoce

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:57 am

My ISP, Virgin Media, has reset my 'Super Hub' router. I asked them where I could enter reserved or preferred IP addresses. They told me that I couldn't as it uses dynamic IP's. I can get into the advanced settings of the modem and have had a look around but I am not sure what to alter.
I did insert the iMac IP address in the 'Bound' box on the Serviio Console.
I have been tweaking different things and restarting both Serviio and my iMac. One time the TV automatically showed up on the console with a green dot, but the TV could not see Serviio although it is connected as I can use the browser on the TV. The next time I restarted the iMac the dreaded red dot appeared.
I thought I was making progress but it seems I was mistaken.
<<

pingodoce

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:51 am

I still cannot get Serviio to work, so as you suggested I list below my equipment and IP addresses

iMac 192.168.1.2
Router 192.168.1.1
Modem 192.168.0.1
TV 192.168.0.6

If you can resolve my problem from the above I would be very appreciative.

The TV will connect to the Internat as I can use the TV browser, but when I try to see the video files on my computer it displays "There is No Device Connected"
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:56 am

Everything needs to be on the same IP subnet.

iMac 192.168.1.2
Router 192.168.1.1
Modem 192.168.0.1
TV 192.168.0.6

this will not work since the TV cannot see the iMac and the router.

you can assign static IP's in most routers. You can also set static Ip's in devices.

I would change everything to the 192.168.1.x subnet.

You do not want to change anything on the modem. You make the changes on the router or TV.
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:57 pm

pingodoce wrote:I still cannot get Serviio to work, so as you suggested I list below my equipment and IP addresses

iMac 192.168.1.2
Router 192.168.1.1
Modem 192.168.0.1
TV 192.168.0.6

If you can resolve my problem from the above I would be very appreciative.

The TV will connect to the Internat as I can use the TV browser, but when I try to see the video files on my computer it displays "There is No Device Connected"

plug your tv to the router and not teh modem so that they are on 192.168.1.* subnet and then it should work. :)
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
<<

pingodoce

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:17 pm

Thank you for your help Moltra and Cerberus the problem is now solved!

I had used an old router because the ethernet cable I had was just a little short, but with the router and and a short cable I was able to make the connection. The trouble with that arrangement was that the router was only capable of IP addresses with a subnet of 1, which then made the iMac the same. The TV and Modem had a zero subnet. So after your help I purchased a cable long enough to miss out the router and hey presto as if by magic it worked.

Once again thank you, it reinforces the power of cooperation.

Return to Samsung