FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

TV & Network Files

<<

jroyale

Serviio newbie

Post Tue May 01, 2012 7:39 pm

TV & Network Files

This was an issue when the TV was streaming from windows media player as well but I thought it would be solved with Serviio. I have a UN32EH5000F TV and it cannot recognize networked files (by that I mean files that are networked from the host computer). If I include a local path in Serviio, the movies are there, if I include a networked path, the drive letter is there but the contents are empty. I have tried on 2 different machines with the local files obviously being different and the same result. It's independant of file type as I have tried networked music files with the same result.

Is there a known harwared issue with this tv and it's ability to see networked files? I have checked the settings and it looks like there is no resolution there. My issue is that I serve about 90% of my content off a lower end NAS so there is no ability to serve media from it directly.
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Tue May 01, 2012 7:44 pm

Re: TV & Network Files

First, please don't double post.

How are you entering the networked files path? Are you using \\Servername\folder name or X:\ where X:\ is mapped to \\Servername\folder? If you are using the second form (X:\) that will not work as expained in the FAQ because the user the serviio runs under (system) does not have access to mapped drives.
Will

ServiiDroid (Android Console) Developer: Download | Home | Support
ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/WiFi Playback App) Developer: Download | Home | Support
<<

jroyale

Serviio newbie

Post Tue May 01, 2012 8:10 pm

Re: TV & Network Files

First, have you ever tried to search network files and not spend 20 hours sifting through it. This will happen.

Second, my bad on the FAQ. Usually I'm pretty good about that so I do apologize for that. It did solve my problem so thanks for your help.

Return to Samsung