FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio - AllShare - Samsung connection issues

<<

JRC

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:14 am

Serviio - AllShare - Samsung connection issues

I've read several of these threads, and appologize if I'm repeating something but I just couldn't find solution.

QUESTION: How to play movies from my PC (external harddrive) on my Samsung smart TV?
How to play movies from my PC (external harddrive) to my wired xbox on a different (non smart) tv?

Hardware:
PC: Windows 7 / 64 bit (Wired network)
TV: Samsung UN46D6000 "smart tv" (Wired network)

Software:
Allshare (pre) installed on the samsung
Allshare downloaded to the PC

Serviio downloaded to the PC

Windows Medial Player 12

Security: Macafee
--------------------------------------
After connecting my network (all devices are on the same network) I attempted to use the AllShare app on the TV. It said "NO DEVICE CONNECTED".
After a couple hours of "google" I found serviio and some webpages that made it sound like I had to have serviio to make AllShare work. (eh, thats fine)

I got nothing

Serviio seemed to populate my files requested of it and I can select them on my PC and play them on my PC thru the serviio window if I want to. (GREAT, YAY) I don't need it to play them on the PC but atleast I know it has populated and it works. YAY!

Download Allshare on the PC and I get the following message while installing: "My computer's shared server is not working. Please check the firewall of my computer"
It suggests that my firewall is blocking it.
*Check it and disabled it

Uninstall - Reinstall and the same error message.

Go to the TV and select the Allshare app
Error message "No device detected"

So after an hour with two chat support people at samsung they inform me that 64 Bit OS is not compatible with the AllShare app. (WTF?)

They tell me I can use Windows Media Player to the TV but the instructions they give me have me opening AllShare on the TV. ----- HELLO ERROR message "No device detected"

Basically I want to play a DVD saved on my external harddrive on my samsung tv on the otherside of the house. I don't care what software I need, I just need a simplified explination. (I don't know PC talk)
I would also like to do this with my xbox360 on a different TV if possible.

*****I know xbox has a windows media center, HOWEVER, after 3 hours with xbox and my cable company support it informs me xbox side of windows media center is not compatible with my router. However the router I have I NEED to keep as it is the only one available that can run the rest of my house.....as the rest of my house runs 23 different wireless devises. So I was told I would need to choose which was more important, movies on xbox or the rest of my wireless system. WIRELESS WINS.

Can anyone help? Please............ Thank you
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:44 am

Re: Serviio - AllShare - Samsung connection issues

Please post your serviio.log file and the ip address of your tv and computer running serviio.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

JRC

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:57 pm

Ha! That's easy for you to say. I have no idea how to do that. After some searching all I could find was a post saying go to: "Opt/Serviio/Log but that might as well be in Chinese for me. Any instruction would be much appreciated.

The screenshot is from my PC.

In the Serviio window it shows my TV's IP as being: 192.168.0.12

It also shows xBoX IP as being 192.168.0.2

It shows my PC AllShare as being: 192.168.0.3
Attachments
sevi.jpg
sevi.jpg (95.85 KiB) Viewed 10237 times
config.jpg
config.jpg (72.83 KiB) Viewed 10237 times
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:35 pm

You should now see the serviio logo when you change the "source" on your TV. Select it and follow the menus.
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:00 pm

Your ip addresses are fine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

JRC

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:38 pm

jhb50 wrote:You should now see the serviio logo when you change the "source" on your TV. Select it and follow the menus.

NOPE: Assuming you mean go to "source" on the TV as I would if I were changing my viewing input from say; Cable, to DVD?
**Using the TV remote and pushing source there is no listing for "serviio". I have a "computer" option but when selected it reads "no device"

**Using the TV, opening "smart tv" and using the "source" app on the home screen yields the same results.
<<

JRC

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:05 pm

Just a fun fact. I am on the phone with samsung and they tell me because I'm using a wired network and the TV is more then 15 feet from the router AllShare can not work. But is can work over wifi but it will experience some lag as with other wifi devices.
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:53 pm

My router is behind the tv so I cannot verify that.

Return to Samsung