FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

4od file not currently supported

<<

MsBod

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:37 am

4od file not currently supported

Hi,

I would like to use Serviio to watch 4od on my tv but have so far been unable to get it to work. My tv is a Samsung UE32ES5500 and I have installed Serviio on a desktop PC running Windows XP. I have installed the 4od plugin in the Serviio plugins folder and selected Samsung TV / Player (C/D/E Series) as the profile (a green dot shows next to it). I have then entered the source url for the programme series that I'm interested in as a web resource under the online sources tab in the library. I am able to navigate to Serviio via Allshare on my TV and can browse folders in the online section there labelled with the names I have given them in Serviio. However, none of the files play - I receive the error message 'The selected file is not currently supported'.

Also, not all of the episodes that are available for the programmes that I'm trying to play are there. For one programme there are quite a few episodes but none from the current series, for another there are some eipsodes but again not those that I'm interested in and for the third programme that I've tried the folder is entirely empty.

I'm afraid I really don't know anything about this sort of thing and having searched through the forums etc I now don't know what to try to solve either of these problems. Can anybody help?
<<

a_keegan

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:23 am

Re: 4od file not currently supported

Hey there,

I'm having the exact same problem. Any joy in fixing it? Let me know. :)
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:12 pm

all new content from 4od uses unsupported protocol so you won't be able to watch them. Older shows should still work (probably from last year or so)
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:26 pm

Try the new ITV Player plugin, just been updated today by zip, works great! A lot of quality shows.
Sony Bravia 2010 52NX803 - Sony PS3 - Xbox 360
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS

Return to Samsung