FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Sony Devices Inconsistently Find Serviio on Boot

<<

krizzz

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:04 pm

Sony Devices Inconsistently Find Serviio on Boot

I have a PS3 and a BDP-S390. Both are updated to the latest firmware and receive DHCP addresses.

Servio is installed on a machine with a hard-coded address (and this address is specified in the config field). It was the only way I could get the clients to associate to it at all. All devices are connected via gig switch on a flat class C LAN (192.168.0.x/24).

Now I am having intermittent connections with the clients. When I turn on either device, sometimes the Serviio shows up, and some times it doesn't. Sometimes doing a full unplug of the devices allows it to find the server, other times it will just show after a while.

I am running the custom "US" profile found on these threads to get the S370 working.

I haven't had it drop off while playing media (although I haven't done a lot of testing in that respect).

Since I can't seem to find a pattern, this is making me crazy trying to troubleshoot it.

Any ideas??
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:14 pm

Re: Sony Devices Inconsistently Find Serviio on Boot

sounds to me like the profiles are clashing are you using 0.4 or 0.5rc1? if you have 0.5 have you selected the correct profiles for the devices from the serviio console?
<<

krizzz

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:13 am

Cerberus wrote:sounds to me like the profiles are clashing are you using 0.4 or 0.5rc1? if you have 0.5 have you selected the correct profiles for the devices from the serviio console?

I am on 0.4 and replaced the sony section with the customized profile.

How can I get access to 0.5? I PM'd Zip about testing Betas but have not heard back as yet.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:46 am

your name is purple so you should have acess to the BETA section of the forums you will find the 0.5 betas there..
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

krizzz

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:14 am

Cool. Didn't know that. Thanks. =)
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:51 am

see its not what you know but WHO ya know :)
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging

Return to Sony