FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Sony BDP-S570 can't see Serviio on my Mac Mini

<<

dunkyboy

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:00 am

Sony BDP-S570 can't see Serviio on my Mac Mini

Running Serviio on my Mac Mini, which is Etherneted to an Airport Extreme. BDP-S570 connects to the APE via wifi. It happily streams BBC iPlayer, Youtube, etc, but when I try and get it to find the Serviio DLNA server, nothing comes up. Tried restarting both the Sony and Serviio in various combinations, to no avail. Tried setting a bound IP address for Serviio, no help. Tried using different profiles, including the Sony BD one, no help.

Any other tips? Running out of ideas... :(

Thanks,
Dunc
<<

dunkyboy

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:55 am

Re: Sony BDP-S570 can't see Serviio on my Mac Mini

Looks like it might be because Serviio is grabbing the wrong NIC. The Mac Mini has both an Ethernet NIC and an Airport (wifi) adapter, as well as virtual NICs for Parallels. I had this problem with ps3mediaserver and was able to resolve it by changing to the correct NIC (en0).

Forcing the IP address to en0's IP doesn't seem to help.

Is there a config option to force Serviio to use a specific NIC?

Thanks,
Dunc
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:27 am

That should help, enter the proper IP in the Bound address box. If it doesn't work, post the log.
<<

phil

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:26 pm

yeah, I think this is an issue with virtual NICs for Parallels; my setup with Mac to a Sony Bravia TV worked fine, then stopped. I finally tracked it down to trial version of Parallels that I'd been playing around with. Even though it had expired and wasn't running I guess it had registered virtual network adapters enough to throw Serviio out.
Uninstalled Parallels and Serviio started working again immediately (it needs to be a proper PC like uninstall though - open the original installer .DMG to run the uninstaller script which will remove virtual NICs).

Return to Sony