FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How to play .mts files on Sony BDP-BX57 (US model)?

<<

zurubi

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:58 pm

How to play .mts files on Sony BDP-BX57 (US model)?

Hi folks. I changed my config file for the Sony BD players (US Model) and I can play divx and other formats using Serviio on a linux box and WiFi. I have a lot of MTS files from my camcorder (Canon HF10) and these don't show up, can I change the config file to transcode them?

Thanks.
<<

patters

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: How to play .mts files on Sony BDP-BX57 (US model)?

Are you using version 0.5? I think that 0.42 didn't used to detect mts files, only m2ts, but that's been fixed. I can definitely play them on mine.
Can you run ffmpeg -i (from Serviio's lib folder) on one of these sample files and post the result?
LG OLED55B8PLA | PS4 Pro | Xbox One S | Synology DS214play
Serviio 2.1 package for Synology NAS - with limited hardware transcoding support!
<<

zurubi

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:42 am

Re: How to play .mts files on Sony BDP-BX57 (US model)?

OOps, mea culpa! The default install of ffmpeg un Ubuntu Dapper doesn't recognize AVCHD files (ffmpeg -i didn't return anything on those files). I recompiled a newer version and now works. This is very cool, the Ubuntu box is not that new and has <1G of memory but transcoding and sending this to the Sony player through Wifi works great! An awesome piece of software.... And yes, I am using v 0.5

Return to Sony