FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Sony Bravia KDL-40EX650 .mkv

<<

Grond

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:17 am

Sony Bravia KDL-40EX650 .mkv

Good Day All,

I'm new to serviio and would like to know how the transcoding works for the mentioned Sony TV. The reason for my question is that I'm trying to play .mkv files but with no success. I received an error on the TV screen indicating that I should check my server settings. All the other video formats (that I have) plays without any hassle. I read that you could add code into the profile.xml file and there is a post where specific code is mentioned. I had a look through the profile file and located a section of code dedicated to sony. I'm not sure as to what exactly I should change here and how I should change it. Could someone please help?

Kind Regards,
<<

Edpayasugo

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: Sony Bravia KDL-40EX650 .mkv

Hi, I am in a similar situation if anyone is able to help please? I want to play MKV files on my 2010 Bravia but they don't work properly at the moment, all other file types work fine.

Thanks!
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:32 pm

Re: Sony Bravia KDL-40EX650 .mkv

What profile has been assigned to your TV (check Serviio console, Status tab for your device IP)
Post MediaInfo (see sig block) details for the file you are trying to play. Unfortunately telling us its an MKV file doesn't tell us much - we need details of whats under the hood.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.

Return to Sony