FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

newbie question for Sony BDP-S370

<<

massibo051

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:49 pm

newbie question for Sony BDP-S370

Hello
I was not able to read any video from a Sony BDP-S370 connected to a Serviio v1.9.2 (now on trial).
I gest a "unrecognizible or damaged file" error (in italian) when reading divx files o simply get stuck and no response at all.
The server sees the device as a Sony BDP-Sx70 (2010) profile.
I went trhough all possibly useful posts on this forum, and I modified the profiles.xml as suggested (deleting Matroska entries).

What could have gone wrong?
Thank you

Massimo
<<

Maxpower1

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:04 pm

Re: newbie question for Sony BDP-S370

Massimo-
If you are getting error messages in italian, go to the serviio console and click underneath the globe, this will allow you to change the language. Although I do not have the same player as you,
I have the Sony BDPS390, when the player was giving me error messages, I was able to change my profile and then these files played. If you modified the config file save your version. Try reloading serviio over your last version but edit the profile to: Sony Bravia TV (2012) -US. This may fix the problem or not, worth a try-Worked on mine. The Default profile for most Sonys is the one you have loaded read the read me, in the Sony section by Patters. :serviiolink: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2004 Wish I could help more. Let me know if this works.
Jeff (your unit is simlar in age period to mine)

Return to Sony