FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Devices cannot find Serviio

<<

jasonlong75

Serviio newbie

Post Mon May 03, 2021 12:09 am

Devices cannot find Serviio

Neither device I use with Serviio can find the server. Every couple of weeks, it goes down, and I have to reinstall the software. Today, I reinstalled it FIVE times.

IP Addresses are correct.

No firewall issues.

No router issues.

Everything else I connect to my computer through, or use wifi for, is working perfectly fine. Serviio? No.

A few times, Serviio blinked active on my devices, then disappeared again. It's something with Serviio itself. This is the ONLY program I have issues with, and they've been progressively getting worse over the past few months. I don't want to hear, "It's uh, ur firewall thingy" or "Duz ya got da IP address?" I've checked, double checked, triple checked, and quadruple checked ALL those, plus NO OTHER ISSUES WITH ANY OTHER DEVICE OR SOFTWARE. Serviio needs to be fixed.

I'm sure I won't hear **** back from this, since I called out the BS, but there it is.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon May 03, 2021 1:48 am

Re: Devices cannot find Serviio

First, what is the OS of your Serviio computer? How is it and your other devices connected to your network: wired, wireless, or a combination? Does your Serviio computer have more than one network adapter (more than one wired connection, wired and wireless, VPN)?
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Sony