FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Newbie with iMac and PS3

<<

markdraper

Serviio newbie

Post Wed May 11, 2011 1:22 pm

Newbie with iMac and PS3

I have just come across this programme and seemed to work fine for me with videos, although had a problem with the list not displaying (cover/title) all the films correctly.

But I cannot get any pictures or mp3 albums to come up on the PS3, it says there are no files.

do you have any ideas?
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Wed May 11, 2011 1:33 pm

Re: Newbie with iMac and PS3

markdraper wrote:I have just come across this programme and seemed to work fine for me with videos, although had a problem with the list not displaying (cover/title) all the films correctly.

But I cannot get any pictures or mp3 albums to come up on the PS3, it says there are no files.

do you have any ideas?

have you let serviio full populate its database of your files this can take upwards of 24hours on slow pc's with large librarys :)
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

markdraper

Serviio newbie

Post Wed May 11, 2011 1:42 pm

Cerberus wrote:
markdraper wrote:I have just come across this programme and seemed to work fine for me with videos, although had a problem with the list not displaying (cover/title) all the films correctly.

do you have any ideas?

have you let serviio full populate its database of your files this can take upwards of 24hours on slow pc's with large librarys :)

Oh, ok, I did not know this!

Is that just for the videos or for the pictures/music too?

Also, serviio got some of the covers wrong and the names, is that something I can redo, to make them correct?
<<

Illico

DLNA master

Post Wed May 11, 2011 1:51 pm

markdraper wrote:Also, serviio got some of the covers wrong and the names, is that something I can redo, to make them correct?

Before loading in a series or movies to Serviio:
-Go to http://www.thetvdb.com or http://www.themoviedb.org verify how series /movies name is formatted there.
-That way you can ensure that the file name has this information correct. This ensures that the file gets the correct metadata.
Illico
Sony 2010 KDL-46EX501 | BDP-S373 | SMP-N100 | Windows 8-i7 | Network DD HD-CE1.5TLU2 | Livebox2-UHD86 | ServiiDroid | ServiiGo | BubbleUPnP
Serviio beta tester - Moderator
<<

markdraper

Serviio newbie

Post Wed May 11, 2011 1:57 pm

Illico wrote:
markdraper wrote:Also, serviio got some of the covers wrong and the names, is that something I can redo, to make them correct?

Before loading in a series or movies to Serviio:
-Go to http://www.thetvdb.com or http://www.themoviedb.org verify how series /movies name is formatted there.
-That way you can ensure that the file name has this information correct. This ensures that the file gets the correct metadata.

Thanks for that, but I am not quote sure what you mean, take the TV Series Bones, this is what I get when searched for http://www.thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=series&id=75682&lid=7
and this is how my files are named: Bones.S06E01.HDTV.XviD-LOL.avi etc.. what does that website tell me.
I hope I am not being too silly here!!
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Wed May 11, 2011 2:19 pm

that is correct file name and should be picked up correctly (according to this: http://www.serviio.org/index.php?option ... icle&id=12 )
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Wed May 11, 2011 2:23 pm

markdraper wrote:
Cerberus wrote:

do you have any ideas?

Oh, ok, I did not know this!

Is that just for the videos or for the pictures/music too?

everything. :)
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Wed May 11, 2011 2:30 pm

Check tour serviio.log for a list of added files. If you have a lot of files to be scanned first (depends on the order of your shared folders in the console) it'll take some time for the files in bottom folders to be picked up.
<<

markdraper

Serviio newbie

Post Wed May 11, 2011 2:41 pm

ok great, thanks for the info and help, I will let it run for a few hours to populate the list, then I will let you know how I get on.

cheers
<<

markdraper

Serviio newbie

Post Thu May 12, 2011 9:03 am

I had a play with it last night and the lists increased, so thanks for letting me know I had to wait.

but, I still have a problem with some of the movie files not showing the correct cover and also, no music covers showing when looking on the music menu on the PS3.
<<

markdraper

Serviio newbie

Post Thu May 12, 2011 9:04 am

I had a play with it last night and the lists increased, so thanks for letting me know I had to wait.

but, I still have a problem with some of the movie files not showing the correct cover and also, no music covers showing when looking on the music menu on the PS3.
<<

Illico

DLNA master

Post Thu May 12, 2011 9:13 am

markdraper wrote:I still have a problem with some of the movie files not showing the correct cover and also

Could you provide files name. And check with online metadata.
markdraper wrote:no music covers showing when looking on the music menu on the PS3.

Does music file embedded Cover Art ?
Illico
Sony 2010 KDL-46EX501 | BDP-S373 | SMP-N100 | Windows 8-i7 | Network DD HD-CE1.5TLU2 | Livebox2-UHD86 | ServiiDroid | ServiiGo | BubbleUPnP
<<

markdraper

Serviio newbie

Post Tue May 17, 2011 9:17 am

I have now got the hang of it, so thanks for everyones help.

It's a great media server and sometimes has a few hiccups, but it maybe the mkv files I am using.
<<

Illico

DLNA master

Post Tue May 17, 2011 9:53 am

markdraper wrote:...sometimes has a few hiccups, but it maybe the mkv files I am using.

For that we could help you to fix these hiccups. Provide information about files with problem.
Illico

Return to Sony