FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

LG webos 3 sees no files

<<

qstyler

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:12 am

LG webos 3 sees no files

Hi! I haven't been using serviio for about a year and recently I had no problems with my TV and macbook. But now I had to reinstall it after a long delay and here's the problem.
When I navigate to any folder with my TV it tells me that “No video files or folders exist in storage device”.
But I'm sure that serviio knows about these files, because they appear as a popup when they get indexed, and they also appear in the logs.

https://pastebin.com/zc8GTvC7

Also when I click on the “media browser” in serviio-console i still see no files in the web interface either. And that brings me to the thought that it might be not TV-related issue.

Can you please help me with this?

Thanks!
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:23 am

Re: LG webos 3 sees no files

If nothing appears in MediaBrowser, Serviio is not recognizing any of your media files. After your reinstall, you did configure your shared folders, right? It's possible the shared folders are mis-configured. However, it appears from the log that your media is visible to Serviio. Also, what profile is showing in the console for your TV? From your log, it looks like an LG TV, but I'm not seeing which profile was assigned. Might have missed it.

I see from the log that you have some titles in a non-Latin based language. I'll have to let Zip comment on file names like that, but that might be one issue. But overall it appears that your media is being recognized and stored in the DB. I think you've gone beyond my abilities here, so Zip will need to weigh in now.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

qstyler

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:29 am

The problem that it does recognise the files.
Here's what it says when I remove and then add a media folder.
This title is fully in latin characters.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:31 pm

Yep, there shouldn't be any question with that title. I did see in your log that many titles appear to be stored in the DB, regardless of the language of the file name. The fact they aren't appearing in MediaBrowser is puzzling. Unfortunately I have reached my limit of knowledge in this particular issue, so Zip (or someone else) will have to weigh in now.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:09 pm

Do the files appear under the Folders category in Mediabrowser?
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.

Return to LG